Different views for Playlists and Albums / Artists & Albums on my Samsung S7

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

heinz

Different views for Playlists and Albums / Artists & Albums on my Samsung S7

Post by heinz »

Hi All,

I am using MMA & MMW with the latest paid versions, have as phone a Samsung S7 and a normal PC.

I have some question(s).

First:
Have copied various albums to the folder "Music" on my Phone-card, all fine on my phone / MMA: I can sort the albums per Artist (Artists & Album Artists) or per Album-name (Albums).
Then:
I have extracted playlists from my PC to my phone: fine, I have the playlists in MMA, can choose one of the playlists and play them title per title in the original order of the playlists, I have had on my PC.
The problem now (after having Playlists on my phone):
If I choose "Albums-view" in MMA: there are also all my playlist-files included in that view, same for "Artists & Album Artists"-view.

Is there a possibility as follows:
View "Albums" and "Artist & Album Artists" in MMA show only the Albums I have copied to MMA into folder "Music" (without all the Playlist-files).
View "PLaylists" shows only the PLaylists in MMA, which I can choose and then play title by title.

Help would be great, but would need it step by step.
heinz
Lowlander

Re: Different views for Playlists and Albums / Artists & Albums on my Samsung S7

Post by Lowlander »

No, this isn't possible. The Albums and Artists & Albums views show what's in the MMA Library, like MMW does. It doesn't matter if the files were synced from selected Artist or Albums, or Playlists.
heinz

Re: Different views for Playlists and Albums / Artists & Albums on my Samsung S7

Post by heinz »

hhmm, what a pitty.

Would it be an idea to extract the playlists and create afterwards an album per playlist?

In this case I would like the get in the extraction the original numbering of the original playlist.

Is that possible?

Thanks for help
heinz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can tag your files as you wish in MMW. You can use Tools > Scripts > Auto-Increment Track# while the files are in order of the Playlist to get the Track# matching the Playlist position.

Do note that any editing you're doing is on the files, thus if a file is on an Album and a Playlist or on multiple Playlists this would mess things up.
heinz

Post by heinz »

Thanks Lowlander,

you are right (unfortunately), this is a problem:
Do note that any editing you're doing is on the files, thus if a file is on an Album and a Playlist or on multiple Playlists this would mess things up.
I have extracted some playlist-files and sorted them according to "creation dates", but the original sorting is lost.

What a mess, any other ideas?
heinz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How are you "extracting"?
heinz

Post by heinz »

I select all the songs in a certain playlist.

And then mouse right click: "copy to" into a folder I have defined before.

heinz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use Tools > Auto-Organize Files set to copy on the selected files and then you can define the Filename through the Mask: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0

You can use <AutoNumber> to get the Playlist position as a number in the Filename.

That can then be copied to the Track# using Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename.
heinz

Post by heinz »

I have to admit, seems to be rather complex.

What do I have to do, if I would like to get the following:

#Track-number (from the original Playlist)
Title
Artist
Album

Help would be fine!
heinz
heinz

Post by heinz »

Hope, I do not ask too much.

I have changed my German language into English in MM in order to follow your advices properly.

Step by step help would be great!!
heinz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Use Auto-Organize to copy the files using <Auto Number>
2) Use Auto-Tag from Filename if you want to copy this number to Track#
3) Sync files
heinz

Post by heinz »

I have my former playlists organized as albums now, with number (original number of the playlist), artist, title, album (various artists) and album artist.

In the past I have copied all albums into my folder "Music" of the Sasumg S7 card, MMA recognized them and showed the albums properly.

Doing this now with my new albums generated from the playlist, I am getting under the album view in MMA not the album, but only the single tracks.

Can someone help here, what i have to do in order to get under albums the albums only (and not the single tracks of an album).

Thanks for help in advance
heinz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An Album is where the Album and the Album Artist is the same value for the files. Thus if you changed the Album value to the Playlist name, you'll also need to set the same Album Artist for the files. This can be Various Artist or the Playlist name, whatever works for you, as long all files have the same Album Artist value.
heinz

Post by heinz »

I have called the Albums with former playlist name and created one album per playlist (but the biggest playlist / album has 367 tracks).
Album artists are: various artists.

I have copied the albums into my folder Music.
Therefore i do not understand the result: seeing the single tracks and not the albums in album view of MMA.

What to do?
heinz
heinz

Post by heinz »

or could it be, that MMA do not accept the huge number of tracks in one album?