Media Monkey app - UpnP

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Pelesinjo

Media Monkey app - UpnP

Post by Pelesinjo »

Hello guys,

sorry for my bad english, but i have one important question, so i hope you can help me.

I`ve bought media monkey pro app. I get connection to my media monkey server over upnp - everything fine so far.

When i get connection through this way i`m not able to change properties of songs like rating and other details. There are only grey fields where are rating stars, for example. I can tap in this area, but like i say, i can`t change anyything. Synchronization on the other hand is working fine.

Is there any solution for my problem?

Thanks a lot.
Lowlander

Re: Media Monkey app - UpnP

Post by Lowlander »

That's correct, DLNA (UPnP) does not allow for editing, it's just a streaming protocol.

This means if you want to do editing you'll need to sync from MMW to MMA, edit, and sync again (allow for updating of metadata from device to PC). There are limits here too in that not all tags are supported (not sure which).

I believe this should improve with MMA 2 and I'm not sure if MMA 2 may be able to work with MediaMonkey Server (new program) to do edits (not DLNA).
Pelesinjo

Re: Media Monkey app - UpnP

Post by Pelesinjo »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:35 pm That's correct, DLNA (UPnP) does not allow for editing, it's just a streaming protocol.

This means if you want to do editing you'll need to sync from MMW to MMA, edit, and sync again (allow for updating of metadata from device to PC). There are limits here too in that not all tags are supported (not sure which).

I believe this should improve with MMA 2 and I'm not sure if MMA 2 may be able to work with MediaMonkey Server (new program) to do edits (not DLNA).
Hi,

oh man, this is sad, it would be so practical. The way with sync is too laborious with a quite a lot of songs. Thank you anyway for your answer. Have a nice day.