Clearing inaccessible tracks MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ssawyer

Clearing inaccessible tracks MMA

Post by ssawyer »

I installed a new SD card (the old one was incredibly slow) and simply copied the music folder and MediaMonkey folder from the root of the Old SD card to the new one. Everything is fine other than the fact that every file is now duplicated in MMA, with one greyed out and reported as "Inaccessible".

Is there any way to purge the inaccessible tracks from the MM database? Doing it manually is a no-go as I have like 7500 tracks! :) Do I need to do something like wipe out the entire collection and re-sync?

Running MMA 1.41.0937 and MMW 4.1.29

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Clearing inaccessible tracks MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Removing the old locations from library folder and then telling MMA to rescan in the Options should do the trick.
ssawyer

Post by ssawyer »

Thanks, but the files are in the same location - in the root folder on the SD card. I did re-establish the library folder and re-scan, but the "ghost" entries are still there. I'm wondering if I delete the mmstore.db file in the MediaMonkey/Files folder and re-scan if that is the trick to solving this, or if that will just hose things up worse! :D :roll:
BobZ1

Post by BobZ1 »

Have you found a solution to the problem of duplicate inaccessible files? I've just synched a new sd card in my phone by usb. That worked but with some missing meta data and artwork. Read that scan from MMA would recover missing info. It did but I now have inaccessible duplicate of every track. Too many to remove one by one. Any solution?
ssawyer

Post by ssawyer »

Yeah. But it ain't pretty. Delete the MMSTORE.DB file, and uninstall the app from the device. Re-install and point it to the location where you store your music files. Just removing the MMSTORE.DB and re-scanning left me with the same situation you have. It won't "forget" a file that was there at one time until you remove and re-install the application.

That I had to do this to fix the problem is bad enough. That I had to figure this out on my own is ridiculous. There may be an easier way, and I'm sure the MM developers will read this and have themselves a good laugh, but when we're left to deal with this stuff on our own...
zobocop

Post by zobocop »

I had this issue in the past, and went through all the 'inaccessible files' and deleted them manually within MMA to update it.... :cry:
ssawyer

Post by ssawyer »

zobocop wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:55 am I had this issue in the past, and went through all the 'inaccessible files' and deleted them manually within MMA to update it.... :cry:
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. As you can see, there is an easier, if kludge-y way to do it.
jhdeano

Post by jhdeano »

Hi All - for various reasons I had to delete and then reconfigure my MMA on my mobile phone. I too ended up with duplicate/greyed out tracks on my MMA. I finally found the solution as mentioed above.

1. On Mobile, use a file manager to delete the file MMSTORE.DB
2. On Mobile, uninstall MMA
3. I then powered down my mobile waited 5 minutes and then powered it up and reinstalled MMA via the Google Play Shop
4. As the install was progressing I had to 'point' MMA towards my SD card where my music is stored.
5. MMA then rebuilt the database on my mobile it took about 2 hrs for the 20,000 tracks .
6. On doing a brief survey of the albums on my mobile i found that all the greyed out duplicates had been removed - hurrah!
7. I then completed a wireless synch with my Windows PC and all looks good!
ssawyer

Post by ssawyer »

20,000 tracks!! Wow. Makes my ~8,000 look like an amateur's collection! :lol:
meadowmeal

Post by meadowmeal »

Two years later, is there no better option for removing missing files from MMA?