Unknown Artist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Dirtee

Unknown Artist

Post by Dirtee »

Hello all,

First post here. I've had this issue for a while, and I know I'm not the first but I've been unable to find a suitable answer yet going through the forums.

I basically have a bunch of albums that get put in the "Unknown Artist" artist on Media Monkey. I don't sync anything because a. I don't use Media Monkey PC (I use Music Bee) and b. my SD card can't hold all my music. So I select what I want, transfer to SD card, and then Media Monkey scans the folder.

Today, I picked an album in the Unknown Artist space, checked on Music Bee and it was missing "Album Artist" tag, so I filled that in, and re-transferred it, and lo and behold, that fixed that issue, the album was now sorted in Vampire Weekend instead of Unknown Artist.

However, when I checked another album in the list (A Moon Shaped Pool by Radiohead) in Music Bee, the album artist was already filled in.

So why is that one still placed in "Unknown Artist" and how can I change that?

Sorry for long post, thanks for the help!
Dirtee

Re: Unknown Artist

Post by Dirtee »

Hey Peke,

Thanks for your answer!

But I don't quite follow. If I delete those albums from MMA, and the SD card, and re-copy them, they will still go into the Unknown Artist folder, won't they? I'm talking about albums that already have an 'album artist' tag yet they still don't get sorted properly.
Is there something other than "album artist" which stops them going to Unknown Artist?
Peke

Re: Unknown Artist

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To avoid issues with Album artist you should use MM to sync tracks (WiFi preferred) as that way you ensure that metadata (Album Artist included) from MMW/MM5 is parsed correctly into MMA library.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts