[SOLVED] Search by Album

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Rob78

[SOLVED] Search by Album

Post by Rob78 »

My problem is in the Android app on the home screen when I choose search by an album.
- On an album that only contains one artist it comes up with one album, you select it and on the next level all of the tracks appear in the album.
- However, for an album which contains songs by various artists I get multiple listings for the same album, with each listing for a separate artist. Basically it isn't returning a list by album, it is returning a list by album/artist.
Very annoying.

How do I get it to return one listing for the album and then for the various tracks/artists on the next level (basically the way that it looks in the online FAQ)
Lowlander

Re: Search by Album

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure that Album Artist is the same value for all files on the Album. When Album and Album Artist have the same values the files are seen as 1 Album by MediaMonkey.
Rob78

Re: Search by Album

Post by Rob78 »

Awesome, thanks.
I went in and edited the tracks so that the word "Various' was in the Album Artist category on all of the tracks and it now reads it as a single album! When I opened the album all of the tracks were listed by the Title/Artist, just like it is supposed to be :D