Cleanup dead links on mma

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

AnsgarGorgor

Cleanup dead links on mma

Post by AnsgarGorgor »

I've looked for a solution here in the forum and also on the MM help pages but couldn't find a sufficient answers how to delete most efficiently all the greyed out entries on my Android devices.

1.) I did a clean up first on my MMW (v4.1.31.1919) to ensure that there are no dead links, unorganized files, unsynchronized tags in my MMW library - checked.

2.) Then I setup an external device profile, selected all my playlists (about 14k songs) in order to sync with my SD card on my Samsung Android smartphone.

3.) Run "Sync Now" in MMA (v1.4.4.0952). All playlists are synced correctly but dead links are still there. As cross-check, I did some changes in the playlist on MMW and also some rating changes on MMA. Bi-directional sync is working correctly.

While MMW has the "looking for moved/deleted files" this feature is missing in MMA.
When I let me show in MMA all tracks with "Tracks", I see each entry twice with one of those marked as dead link. Easiest would be to have a filter option to select all dead links and delete them in MMA. Unfortunately, there is no one.

Only option I see at the moment is to delete the whole music library path on my SD card and setup the sync from scratch. Any other tip how I can delete about 14k dead links on my MMA?

Thanks
------------------------
Windows 11 Home
MM4 = 4.1.31.1919 (lifetime license since .... can't remember :wink: )
MM5 = 5.0.4.2675 (lifetime license)
MMA = 1.4.5.0960 (on Android devices)
Lowlander

Re: Cleanup dead links on mma

Post by Lowlander »

Go to choose Library folders in the Options and make sure you only have existing locations enabled. When that's the case try to scan for media files.