How to Change to New SD Card on Android Device

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

richiefinger

How to Change to New SD Card on Android Device

Post by richiefinger »

I want to put replace the 128GB SD card with a larger SD card in my Android device running MMA.
All my MMA tracks are on the original SD Card.

What is the easiest/quickest way to do this?
Is it possible to do this without syncing all 4000 tracks over wifi again?

I have an SD card slot in my W10 laptop that runs MM5. Is it possible to utilize this for uploading the tracks from my MM5 W10 to the new SD card?
Peke

Re: How to Change to New SD Card on Android Device

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Why don't you just CLONE old SDcard to new, insert in device and then power on the device?

In most cases MMA detect move and repair IDs to a card.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I had already tried a standard sync before seeing your clone suggestion.

I tried setting up the new card in the standard way but there seems to be some problems. I started with a USB sync to register the card but now when syncing from MMA over wifi its not downloading any tracks and says "Everything is in sync".

I have tried uninstalling MMA and reinstalling. Chose "Library" as my sync server. Then 256GB card as choice of where to sync to. But I still have the same problem of MMA not downloading anything from MM5 over wifi.

Is there a guide for complete new installation of MMA and first time sync to MM5.

Where and how should you format the new SD card?
Should MMA be syncing to MM Library or MM Server? (I want MMA to sync to my MM5 library on my W10 laptop)
Should I be getting the message in MMA "Choose where to sync your media" then choice of internal/sdcard...shouldn't that choice have been made from the USB sync initially???

I'm getting lots of choices I didn't have to go through when I set up my previous card????
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I would setup Sync in MM5: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0
Sync itself can then be done from MMA (wifi Sync) or MM5 (USB Sync) depending on your preferences.

It sounds like you have 2 Media Servers (a leftover from MediaMonkey 4.1 upgrade). You can remove one of the Media Servers and just use the other. More on Media Servers: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ervers/5.0