Gapless playback

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

keithclarke

Gapless playback

Post by keithclarke »

Using MM on the laptop to play from my NAS drive to my laptop speakers, gapless playback is absolutely flawless. Stream the same thing to my wireless speakers using the MM Android app and in come the dreaded gaps. The same thing happens with BubbleUpnp, HIFi Cast, and MusicCast. Can anyone help, please?
Peke

Re: Gapless playback

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If all apps observe same behavior, than most likely it is incompatibility issue for DLNA/Casting standard.

Try using ⋮ -> Options and under playback there is setting for gapless. Try to play with those options.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When streaming via DLNA it's up to the client to apply gapless or any playback modifications. MediaMonkey at that point just serves the files to the client.
keithclarke

Post by keithclarke »

Peke wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:35 am Hi,
If all apps observe same behavior, than most likely it is incompatibility issue for DLNA/Casting standard.

Try using ⋮ -> Options and under playback there is setting for gapless. Try to play with those options.
Thank you. I do have gapless ticked, but for some reason I get a different result according to whether I am using MM on the laptop or using the Android version.
keithclarke

Post by keithclarke »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:47 am When streaming via DLNA it's up to the client to apply gapless or any playback modifications. MediaMonkey at that point just serves the files to the client.
Thank you. Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'the client' in this context? Is it the wireless speakers?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it's the device doing the actual playback. This is the device that controls how playback is done, as everything else in the chain just serves files to the client.