SD card not shown anymore under sync settings

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Melvelet

SD card not shown anymore under sync settings

Post by Melvelet »

I've been using the same (SanDisk 256GB) SD with MediaMonkey for a long time now, without any issues, but since about 6 weeks I can't sync to it anymore on my Samsung S8/Android. It has simply vanished from the Sync settings and when syncing with MM4/MM5 (I upgraded yesterday but to no avail), it will only sync the internal storage. When clicking "Select Sync Server" I can connect but again only the internal Storage is shown. Under Library folders "SD card" is listed and I can add new folders from it - it's super slow (large card I guess) but I also tried removing all library fodlers and re-adding them. MMA playback of the files that are already on the card works flawlessly.

I cleared the cache and the local data already and I also removed and reinstalled MediaMonkey and MM Pro on the phone after which I was again prompted to allow MM to use my SD card. As mentioned, I was running MM4 on my Windows when the problem first appeared and I have now installed MM5.
I have only tried Wi-fi Sync and could try USB although my phone's USB port is quite broken.
Last edited by Melvelet on Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Melvelet

Re: SD card not shown anymore under sync settings

Post by Melvelet »

For the record, I managed to solve the problem by deleting the MediaMonkey folder on the SD card. Sync is running now but it seems as if even the play count/last play date was updated (I expected to lose that data when clearing cache/local data and MediaMonkey folder)
Melvelet

Post by Melvelet »

...aaaaand it's gone again...
The sync failed at some point (during copying of new files). I re-deleted the MM folder and it appeared again but now it immediately says "Sync incomplete" at the "Matching new files" phase. Then the SD card disappeared again from MM.

Upon deleting the sync profile and creating a new one, I still get the same error.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I suspect something is going on with SDcard and/or with MTP driver on windows (very common) when you connect Device over USB.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts