Workflow questions Android and PC

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Workflow questions Android and PC

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

When installing MM for Android on my smartphone and synchronizing all songs from local PC to that device, will I be able to use Android Auto with MM? With other words: Can MM for Android use Android Auto?
Will I further be able to use the PC's playlists on that smartphone and of course all tags and ratings as well?

Next question: Can I use MM5 for Windows to fetch all of its songs from a network share?
Would it then be possible to force MM for Android to do the same or does MM Android rely on an active, running Windows PC?
Lowlander

Re: Workflow questions Android and PC

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MMA works with Android Auto and MMA can have Playlists and Ratings Synced from MM5.

MediaMonkey 5 can scan files on network shares: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... he_Library
MMA has no method to access network shares, thus needs to be synced from MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Thanks for your reply and links!

So basically MMA is a mediaplayer and does not provide the same features as MMW.
MMA is similar like synchronizing my music library to a memory stick that I would plug into my car's USB port.

MMA runs on my smartphone and has some advantages in comparison to the plain usage of a memory stick, e.g. lyrics display amongst other features.

One last question though: to sync any playlist to MMA, is it a prerequisite that the smartphone is connected to my PC using an USB cable or is it sufficient that both devices use the same network?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can Sync either via USB or wifi, the choice is yours.

MMA also tracks Play History (and Syncs this back) and allows for editing of some tags and have those Synced back. MMA 2.0 should offer more features.