Question: Why i have to confirm "updates" to fixed playlists?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

Question: Why i have to confirm "updates" to fixed playlists?

Post by Andre_H »

Hi folks,

Not every time, but at least every second time I syncronize my MMA (2 devices, affects both), I have to confirm updates to fixed playlists that have not been changed on either the MMA or MMW side. For at least some of the lists concerned, I can safely say that the tracks included have not even been heard.

This is particularly annoying because the confirmation dialog stops the synchronization (and I often only see it when I think the sync has been completed in the meantime, but then have to wait another 20mins - what is totally not MMA's fault, but often leads to that 'wtf moment', you know ;-) ).

What can lead to this confirmation request, how can I turn it off (for lists that remain unchanged)?

MMA: Latest build,
MMW .2431

Thanx!
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Peke

Re: Question: Why i have to confirm "updates" to fixed playlists?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is a bug report on optimizing playlist handling that can help especially for syncing updates bi directionally.

It is filled under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18094 Will add MMA side to the bug.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can't think of the reason, but like you said it needs to be tracked down.

Can you please do these sync steps:
1. Start creating MM5 debug logs as described at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
2. Start WiFi Sync Normally with MMA
3. Wait till you see the prompt for playlist update (Try to Use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send LOGS -> Write down log ID before sending so that we can later pair it with MM5 log)
4. Let Sync finish and Use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send LOGS -> Write down log ID before sending so that we can later pair it with MM5 log
5. Close MM5
6. Save -> Compress MM5 log as described at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
7. Create support Ticket, attach compressed MM5 log, Both MMA log IDs and submit the ticket.

THX.
Best regards,
Peke
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

so, i ...
  • installed MMW_v2433_debug as portable installation next to my "main_installation", install options left by default.
  • copied the mm5.db from my "main_installation" to the %portableDir%\Portable, overwrite the db there. entered my serial. no other files changed manually. my media files are stored via UNC and were visible in the portable setup without any changes
  • synced from MMA. The "send log" wasn't available while, but only AFTER the confirmation dialog, did it then. ID is "ptrmq2q72n"
  • tried to send a log from "MMW_v2433_debug", what raised an "user exception" error and app crash, reproducable at any time, also in safe mode. restarted the whole machine, same crash. can't find any of the mentioned log files to send manually.
what to do next?

edit: tried a new, portable debug-installation on another PC, same setup (db + license), same error.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to see you have any .elf or .el files in portable install folder and also you can check if you have some folder+files in "%APPDATA%\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\"?
Best regards,
Peke
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Nope, no such file type in whole portable app-folder (or subs), and EurekaLog + subs are there, but empty.

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then logs are sent. You can make screenshot of error dialog too.
Do you have full Sync log from DBGView?
Best regards,
Peke
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

found a single log file on my main machine, i just send it as "ticket #2492".

Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Peke wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:16 amYou can make screenshot of error dialog too.
here you go: https://file.io/H8hmHJW5prm0
Do you have full Sync log from DBGView?
where do i get these?

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi, how to create full debug log is explained in steps here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Best regards,
Peke
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Hi. I haven't forgotten the debug log, just no time at the moment. I'm trying to put the files together next week.

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sure take your time, we are not going anywhere ;)
Best regards,
Peke