Bravo! and....

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

doane2u

Bravo! and....

Post by doane2u »

The new MM 5 is amazing!... finally you got the graphics to get to the level of Music Bee, but even better! Photos of composers, artists, etc., etc.... love it!
My question is this: I'm using the Material Design (dark) and I want to congratulate who ever came up with it, but... is there any way to change the bright orange and yellow colors 0n the menu and bottom bar to some other hue? I altered a screen shot of what I like better, a less bright yellow orange version and then a blue version and I have no way of inserting them here. I don't know how to edit the skins, but know others here do.
Thanks everyone for all the incredible results on this version!
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
MB Gigabyte Z590 UD AC w/ Intel core i5-11600k 3.9GHz 6 core
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2600
Video EVGA GeForce GTX1660 TI
Audio Sound Blaster Z SBX Studio
C: Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
Barry4679

Re: Bravo! and....

Post by Barry4679 »

There is talk about a project to allow some tailoring of skins, but nothing delivered at the moment.

I use a dark skin that has blues instead of oranges. I changed to it because I was have trouble detecting the active rows in the Column Browser, and found it difficult to read the orange on black text.
It has fewer colour splashes that the skin you are using, and the font is narrower, but clearer somehow.

See comparison here. The skin is called Code Monkey, and is available via Get More Addons at Tools>Addons
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Also, if you know your way around files and what not, it's pretty easy to change colors yourself. If you take a look at this thread, you'll see how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=486525#p486525
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

Barry4679 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:59 pm There is talk about a project to allow some tailoring of skins, but nothing delivered at the moment.

I use a dark skin that has blues instead of oranges. I changed to it because I was have trouble detecting the active rows in the Column Browser, and found it difficult to read the orange on black text.
It has fewer colour splashes that the skin you are using, and the font is narrower, but clearer somehow.

See comparison here. The skin is called Code Monkey, and is available via Get More Addons at Tools>Addons
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
E: SATA Western Digital Black 1TB (to be replace with a Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME SS)
doane2u

Post by doane2u »

drakinite wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:09 pm Also, if you know your way around files and what not, it's pretty easy to change colors yourself. If you take a look at this thread, you'll see how to do it: viewtopic.php?p=486525#p486525
I'm a dunce... I looked at your link and fell off a cliff. : -)
I guess I'll wait till some of you come out with more color schemes, thanks.
Media Monkey Gold 5
Windows 10 Home 64x
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

No worries. :grinning:
Actually, we've got new stuff in the works soon that'll make it really easy for skin makers to add color customization.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

If you are not afraid of git, you can try out the development version of code monkey which already implements the mentioned skin color customization control. To do so
  • make sure you have the latest mediamonkey debug build installed
  • go to the code monkey github repository
  • clone or download the dev branch
  • put the downloaded files into the /skins/Code Monkey directory of your media monkey installation
From that point on you can customize the highlight colors from the skins page in the options menu or by opening the addon list and clicking the gear icon.

Just be aware that this is still very much a work in progress.