New MediaMonkey web site

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

rovingcowboy

Re: New MediaMonkey web site

Post by rovingcowboy »

SHibbard wrote:New interface looks nice ... but I can't seem to find "previous message" or "next message" links on the pages?
you either?

hey you better upgrade to sp3 before they stop supporting winXp they are going to stop having winXp on the store shelf's june 30th 2008, so you got 10 days. to get that upgraded and sp 3 will speed up the system and has some needed bug fixes.
sp3 will show up on the windows update site, when you go to it and get the updates. don't rely on the automatic update downloader, that only gets the high priority updates, you might need more things. that windows won't show, so click on the microsoft updates link and go there, if any 3rd party programers took the time to tell ms they had an update, then if you have that program on your system ms will find it and go get their update for you. rather handy to have them go get it,, it means more 3d party updates that work with windows then ones that might work with them.

just make sure you have a broadband connection sp3 is over 300 mb's or try and get a cdrom with it sent to you.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

SHibbard wrote:New interface looks nice ... but I can't seem to find "previous message" or "next message" links on the pages?
I see Previous and Next links at the bottom of thread pages. Is that not what you mean?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

spacefish wrote:
I see Previous and Next links at the bottom of thread pages. Is that not what you mean?
no those take you to the previous or next thread in that same forum as the one your reading.

the ones that were on top in the old forum were only the page url but you could click it and go back to your message's search page that was the last page you looked at.

now we have to use the buttons on the internet browser which is a pain if you use the full screen view of the web.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:
spacefish wrote:
no those take you to the previous or next thread in that same forum as the one your reading.

the ones that were on top in the old forum were only the page url but you could click it and go back to your message's search page that was the last page you looked at.

now we have to use the buttons on the internet browser which is a pain if you use the full screen view of the web.
Here's what I see at the top of my page:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tiagoclaus

Post by tiagoclaus »

finally! hehe

great work guys!
MM 3.0.3.1183, Windows Vista SP1 EN
Athlon X2 5200+, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8500GT

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I just use the thumb buttons on my mouse to go back and forward.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you got thumb buttons on the mouse oh you lucky. :wink:

nohitter151 that link is misleading. if you click that you go back to the news and other stuff forum.

i came from viewing my posts page. if i click that link to go back to view my posts it reloads the page, thus adding more links to go back through to get to the index page. there is no need to keep loading pages the old way was to use the page already loaded and saved in the browser cache, which is what happens when you click the back button on the browser.

reloading the page will just keep adding to the cache and in IE loading it too much on my system crashes ie by bogging it down till i have to close ie or crash off the web. not fun.

i don't know if that is the fault of ie or the fault of windows in its self but it happens. :(
SHibbard

Post by SHibbard »

rovingcowboy wrote:
spacefish wrote:

BUT ... Spacefish pointed out what I was looking for ... thread navigation, so I'm happy now (albiet a little blind)!
SHibbard

Post by SHibbard »

rovingcowboy wrote:
you either?

hey you better upgrade to sp3 before they stop supporting winXp they are going to stop having winXp on the store shelf's june 30th 2008, so you got 10 days. to get that upgraded and sp 3 will speed up the system and has some needed bug fixes.
sp3 will show up on the windows update site, when you go to it and get the updates. don't rely on the automatic update downloader, that only gets the high priority updates, you might need more things. that windows won't show, so click on the microsoft updates link and go there, if any 3rd party programers took the time to tell ms they had an update, then if you have that program on your system ms will find it and go get their update for you. rather handy to have them go get it,, it means more 3d party updates that work with windows then ones that might work with them.

just make sure you have a broadband connection sp3 is over 300 mb's or try and get a cdrom with it sent to you.
:)
Oops, I already have SP3 ... just didn't update this to reflect that fact.
Diabolic-Destiny

Post by Diabolic-Destiny »

awesome. My question is will the addon creators be able to upload their addons/extensions here and update them so that we can use the built in update feature? MediaMonkey has
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,
ZvezdanD wrote:...It worked before. In fact, none of the non-ASCII characters are not allowed, even Latin 1.
phpBB 3 is a completely new version and and posted text is normalized to UTF-8 - it might only need more memory allocating to PHP.

Daz
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Diabolic-Destiny wrote:awesome. My question is will the addon creators be able to upload their addons/extensions here and update them so that we can use the built in update feature? MediaMonkey has
the answer is yes as soon as they get the site ready for it they are making a page to host the scripts and skins for everyone to download and use the mmip files.

8)
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

:o I go away for a few days...
Come back and my forum is different and Gege has stolen My Monkee!!! :cry:
gege wrote:Image

:wink: Guess I am used to the new look by the time that it took to get to this posting.
Good to see things moving forward!
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

nohitter151 wrote:
Big_Berny wrote:I really like the new design - looks great! :D

One little thing I saw... the avatar has no transparent but a black background. Doesn't look so nice here, so maybe that should be changed.
Do you mean the Monkey icon at the top of the site? It has a transparent background for me... what browser are you using?
Using Opera 9.50. Other favicons are transparent though.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Another little thing: The sender of "Topic reply notification"-mails is "jh" and not "support" anymore. Personally I'd like the word MediaMonkey in the sender because like this you don't see directly from which forum the notification is.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design