Gettin GOLD for free

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

tigertales

Gettin GOLD for free

Post by tigertales »

Hi guys,

I went to upgrade today... i was offered a free version of GOLD via trial pay... but turned out its not avialable in my country.

Any other ways (legal) to get free GOLD??
trixmoto

Re: Gettin GOLD for free

Post by trixmoto »

Or you could support the hard work of the developers by paying for it, as astonishing as that idea is!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

all programs that have a purchase version and offer an free copy of that purchase version are doing so by use of trial type company's. that get the lic for the purchase version by having merchants pay for adverts to them so they take the money for the adverts and buy the software they are offering for free but they then insert their software in the install file of the program you want so you then also install it for you to get the advertisements that paid for the free program you got. so you are not paying cash but you are paying by getting adverts in your software.

if you want the gold version just buy it.

if you want to test it out first then get the free version of the program you want and stay away from the those free trials of the purchase versions.

now on the other note before some one blasts the horn at me.

mediamonkey did offer free holiday gift versions for christmas. that might be what add your talking about.
but i think that offer is well over now.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rovingcowboy wrote:all programs that have a purchase version and offer an free copy of that purchase version are doing so by use of trial type company's. that get the lic for the purchase version by having merchants pay for adverts to them so they take the money for the adverts and buy the software they are offering for free but they then insert their software in the install file of the program you want so you then also install it for you to get the advertisements that paid for the free program you got. so you are not paying cash but you are paying by getting adverts in your software.
That isn't true in this case. With trialpay, you sign up for some external service via a subscription (eMusic, blockbuster, credit card, etc.) and then after signing up trialpay sends you a license key. The program that you use is exactly the same as if you paid for it, no ads or anything like that.
rovingcowboy wrote:]now on the other note before some one blasts the horn at me.

mediamonkey did offer free holiday gift versions for christmas. that might be what add your talking about.
but i think that offer is well over now.

8)
That's not true either; during christmas time MediaMonkey was offering 3.x Gold licenses at half price, but certainly not for free.

I imagine if they were giving out free keys that you would have gotten one, don't you think RC? :wink:
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tried not to get the horn blasted at me and still did? just can't win :( :lol:

sorry. :oops:

i been on the freeware servers for a long time so the word free just jumps out at times. :lol: i knew it was half price but my fingers can't see the letters on the keyboard anymore they been rubbeed off so now and then they type wrong words.
but no i wouldn't take the free lic from them if the were going to give them out for the gold. why? cause they would still get bills for their servers and need to pay them. so i would more likely pay for it any way but i have not bought it yet the free one is suiting my needs now.

thanks for the catch there nothitter151 :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
KRAP

Post by KRAP »

I think it's wrong to not let me add MY OWN CD'S to my collection without the stupid upgrade. Plus, if you even rename a file, move a file or reorganize the trackback/file path in any way, media monkey won't allow you to rescan your files to find it/move it. IRRITATING/SH__TY. Or I could just d/l the whole gold version free online f__kers.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

KRAP wrote:I think it's wrong to not let me add MY OWN CD'S to my collection without the stupid upgrade. Plus, if you even rename a file, move a file or reorganize the trackback/file path in any way, media monkey won't allow you to rescan your files to find it/move it. IRRITATING/SHITTY. Or I could just d/l the whole gold version free online fuckers.
Nice!
Your language matches your handle :-(
MediaMonkey 3.2.4.1304 Gold Lifetime
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Quad 3.33GHz, 8Gb Ram, 2tB Internal Storage, 2tB External Storage (USB & eSATA)
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, FireFox v3.6.x, ThunderBird v3 x64, MailWasher Pro v6.5, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Backups by Karens Replicator v3.5.12,
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

KRAP wrote:I think it's wrong to not let me add MY OWN CD'S to my collection without the stupid upgrade. Plus, if you even rename a file, move a file or reorganize the trackback/file path in any way, media monkey won't allow you to rescan your files to find it/move it. IRRITATING/SHITTY. Or I could just d/l the whole gold version free online :x .
watch your language here.

and the monkey will let you do those things in the free version.
there must be some sort of interference from another program in your system.

or at worst you can't use the program properly but i think that is not the trouble cause you can post in the forum so that makes you smart enough to use a program.

but adding the cdroms to your collection is simple just rip them to the hard drive.
set up a folder to rip them too.
use the wav format to rip to the hard drive its faster and less chance of error.
then use monkey to convert to your wanted format if he can convert to it if not use your other program that can convert to it.
then use the monkeys dead links feature in the library node under the files to edit sub node.
and remove the dead links.
now go to add rescan and click it, on it go to the folder your songs are in and select that folder.
then go to the format window on the panel and make sure the format you want to scan for is there and is selected.
now click okay.
monkey should find the files and add them in, if you have gone to his options and told him to associate with that format.
if you have gone to his options and told him to turn on the one for making a new playlist for recently added files then you will be able to find them faster.

if doing that scanning is not working for your system for some reason.
then in monkeys directory tree go to his node for "my computer" its the same as the one in the windows explorer so be careful not to do anything you can't undo cause you will do it in the main computer files area when in that my computer node of mediamonkey's.
but go to the folder your songs are in. select that folder and then go to add rescan. and click it all the info should be shown in the panel then by monkey adding it so he has to find it that way. then just click okay and it should scan them in and make the new playlist for you.

if you are trying to use file monitor and auto organizer from inside the options panel then you need the gold version.
but the free version has use of the auto organizer in the menu bar's tool menu it is a manual set up one and start one but it works.

now you know how to do it just what is the trouble you are having besides a potty mouth. i know it is madding to have something go wrong but i don't' use that bad language where there are possible 5 year olds to read it. yes its that simple to use monkey which is why i can't understand what is making you not be able to use it.
there might be some missing file from windows. but you did not say anything of importance for figuring out your error for you.
:-? :(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

KRAP wrote:I think it's wrong to not let me add MY OWN CD'S to my collection without the stupid upgrade.
You don't need Gold to rip your own CD's. Not sure where you got that information. Also, File Monitor is going to be added into the free version as of the next release.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MnM

Post by MnM »

A warning about getting Gold for free using TrialPay and taking the current eMusic deal.

eMusic offer a 7 day free trial themselves: 'Remember, there’s no commitment. Cancel anytime during your trial and keep the free downloads as our way of saying “thank you” for trying eMusic.' You have to give your credit card details up front though. Giddy with the thought of saving a few quid, I handed over my credit card details - they are an established company, after all - and although the offer is supposed to be accepted instantly (according to the TrialPay site), eMusic followed my credit card submission with a webpage saying their server was down, and I should check back soon or give them my email address and they'd let me know when it was sorted. A day later - nothing.

TrialPay customer support have fallen silent, eMusic do not answer their phone. I blocked my credit card and will be sent a new one, eMusic have not taken anything yet and now will not be able to. Seems less hassle to do that than trying to persevere with eMusic, as they seem to be set up to make it as difficult as possible to cancel the trial. I am not waiting seven days to find out.

Someone was singing the praises of MM Gold, though it's not really right for me (yet) as I need a UPnP control point, but I'm impressed by the usability of the free version. Hence the penny-pinching interest in Gold. Anyway, not at all a good experience of eMusic or TrialPay. Also worth mentioning that while Barclaycard were happy to block the card and reissue, they were not in the slightest bit interested in taking a more proactive stance against eMusic, so in my view they're complicit.

At best, it's a hassle. Be warned!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've never used TrialPay but I used to be an eMusic customer and I found them pretty good, sounds like maybe they are just having some technical problems.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MnM

Post by MnM »

I read a little about them - first (or at least very early) commercial DRM-free download site, which they stuck with despite being black-balled by the majors as a result.

Fair play to them for that, but it's been two days now, and they have sent me another email - asking me to join up to their free trial!

It's doesn't look like a technical problem so much as really bad form.
kentt

Post by kentt »

I got Gold for free today. I signed up for a gamehouse.com membership. I had to give them my CC info. I received my key in about 4 hours and have canceled my membership now. Looks like this worked out well.

If you are squeamish about giving up your cc info, you could try using a VCC (I believe paypal offers these in the US but I could be wrong, just google until you find one you like).
elmerbumpkin

Post by elmerbumpkin »

eMusic used to do unlimited album downloads for 9 bucks a month. They sent me an email the second day after I signed up to remind me that this was for personal use, and I had already downloaded more than 90 % of their subscribers. I downloaded over 1000 albums from them for 18 dollars. Then they started to charge per download and I left. This was in 99 or 2000 tho. A lot has changed since then.
Raj

Post by Raj »

The offer of FREE Gold Version page is kept alive to collect full name and confirmed email of any person who may show interest in the software....then the page reports that this offer is not available for this merchant. So you go away after leaving your full name and confirmed email address. That is clever...