Mediamonkey as a DLNA controller or DACP _Client_.

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

pmh

Mediamonkey as a DLNA controller or DACP _Client_.

Post by pmh »

Hi All,

Mediamonkey 4 supports being a DLNA server so DLNA renderers like XBoxes can pull songs & videos from PCs with MediaMonkey.

Monkeytunes adds a DACP client to MediaMonkey so people can now use their iPhones & AppleTVs to listen to music (& possibly Videos in the future).

What I'l like to be able to do is to use MediaMonkey as a DLNA controller a remote DNLA renderer or a DACP client so that I can use the Mediamonkey interface to listen to music (& maybe videos).

The details are that I'm in France using the ISP called "Free". Free delivers a media box wich is both a DLNA renderer (controlled using their remote to enter mode wher media on DLNA servers is available & can be played) and a DACP server (no interface - any music sent from an iphone/itunes just starts playing out the speakers). I'd really love to be able to use Mediamonkey to control the freebox above all to be able to use mediamonkey's party mode.

I've searched but haven't found any solutions.

Suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Mediamonkey as a DLNA controller or DACP _Client_.

Post by Lowlander »

This has already been requested.
pmh

Post by pmh »

Thanks Lowlander, Any chance I coould learn where exactly? Ive run through much of these forums without finding a close match. The one reference (from the official wishlist) was to this: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=534

Just trying to see if I can find out where the state of this is being discussed.
pmh

Post by pmh »