I really only want just 1 music library

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Lansluaght

I really only want just 1 music library

Post by Lansluaght »

Greetings all!

I am writing to you not because you use media-monkey, but because you are music lovers. And I am too.

I'd also really like to be able to maintain my music library on the go. I ride the bus every day to work, and on the bus I'd like to be able to create playlists, add/change ratings, modify properties, have my phone update the last-played date, etc. and i want all these changes to then transfer back to my pc library. Because that way, that hour I spend on the bus every day isn't wasted! And i really don't want to have to maintain two music libraries.
I'm looking for a program/app that'll sync my music library from my pc to my phone, AND BACK. Meaning that if i remove a song from my phone, i don't ever wanna hear that song again! I want it gone from my pc too!

"Sounds great! So what's the problem?" I hear you thinking. Well... from what I've been able to find, this simply isn't possible yet. And the reason I'm here writing to you is to get an answer to the following question: Is it really actually factually impossible? Am I the only one with such a deep desire, that hasn't been able to quench the thirst?

Can you hand me this glas of water?

Thanks in advance,
Lans

PS. I use windows 7 and a Galaxy S2 w. Android 4.0.4
rovingcowboy

Re: I really only want just 1 music library

Post by rovingcowboy »

mediamonkey has several built in sync options for different phones and different music players.
it should in theroy do the same on the phone when sync'ed as it did on my music hand held player.
all you have to do is set up the sync options the right way for your phone and it should do just what you want.

find out what phone you have and see if mediamonkey already has a way to handle that phone. if not you can also add in your device to the sync options but it still only would work if they have been able to program mediamonkey with the software codes that your phone uses.

you really should make sure by asking the developers in an email make sure you give them all the information on your phone so they can add it in the mediamonkey program if needed. or tell you its already useable with mediamonkey.

and make sure you ask them how to sync it or setup the sync options for it. some of the options might not be easy to set up.

8)

developers are rusty , jiri , with some others to help developing to get it done faster, peke, lowlander, trixmoto, nohitter, and a few others i forget now? but lots of scritp writers here might beable to help you too.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
vcize

Post by vcize »

I second this, and it's a huge hole in the market right now, IMO.

While technically, it is possible to do with MM, it requires one heck of a workaround with multiple hacks, scripts, and lots of steps each time you want to "sync".

Songbird is probably the closest thing to what you're looking for. It won't delete songs but it will at least sync back all your plays, skips, ratings, playlists, metadata, etc between your phone and PC. It's kind of disappointing that Songbird is capable of doing that as a free player and at $50, MM gold requires all kinds of hacks, workarounds, and extra steps to get it working.

I can't believe we don't even have a mobile MM player yet. With people doing more and more music listening on their phones it seems like it's only a matter of time before everyone migrates to players that work and sync everything between their phone/PC.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey Android App is in the works and should be coming along in not too much time: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 19&t=57366