Mediamonkey 5?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

dr tonka

Re: Mediamonkey 5?

Post by dr tonka »

No. Just no. This is terrible. I try to use MM in a professional (if volunteer) environment. MM4 was balky and spastic, but this? Nightmare.
Example I might have say, 21,000 files that I need to change the name of the artist to something else. No can do. I select that name files and the MM5 won't let me change the artist name of that many - the fields simply aren't available or visible. So I go several, up to 10 albums selected at a time and then it's OK - until it isn't and then I can't even select more than one field to change the name of the artist.
I hate this. With MM4, I could select hundreds of thousand of files and change a particular tag and it would do it, although it might take an afternoon or three. MM5? Nope.
So, this is a truly epic fail. I'll go back to MM4 - because I've got work to do.
Dr Tonka
Lowlander

Re: Mediamonkey 5?

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying tags are missing from the Properties window? If so, check what Type is set to, you may have multiple values. If you set it to Type = Music you should be able to tag the files.