Mediamonkey 5?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

Re: Mediamonkey 5?

Post by MMFrLife »

Peke wrote:
Blackcat12 wrote:I have the utmost respect for the developers as well as MMW /MMA in general. I would recommend MM to anyone without hesitation, but I will never recommend a lifetime license.
I agree, or I would not get any of my paychecks due the no update purchases. I got mine back in 2002 and on a first day of GOLD I earned triple the price by just using GOLD features for money.
:lol: Good point, Peke! So true. It's there if someone wants it, but the company certainly isn't going to go out of their way to promote it. :lol:
If every new purchase was a lifetime, you might do ok; although, nowhere near like it is now.:wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
cncb

Post by cncb »

Wow, still not ready. After all this time, I guess we can expect it to have no bugs when released? I am afraid you missed the boat on this one as there might not be many people still around to use it. If Google Play Music had volume leveling, I wouldn't be around any more...
Peke

Post by Peke »

cncb wrote:Wow, still not ready. After all this time, I guess we can expect it to have no bugs when released? I am afraid you missed the boat on this one as there might not be many people still around to use it. If Google Play Music had volume leveling, I wouldn't be around any more...
HA, you almost got me to post screenshot.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Park Vorteil

Post by Park Vorteil »

Guys!! You are the best! I love Mediamonkey! When I open it, it always feels like Christmas and holidays, just better.

MM5 will become great, no matter what challenges you still might face!

Now, softly, softly catchee monkey, give us some crumbs and hints to look at or test, before it gets cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey!! :D :lol:
dypsis

Re: MediaMonkey 5

Post by dypsis »

I'm looking forward to MediaMonkey 5. :)
How long off do you think some betas will be?
cncb

Post by cncb »

It must be nice to work with apparently no schedule or deadlines of any kind. I'm jealous...
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

@cncb: what is with all the sour grapes?

MMW is THE most reliable, STABLE app I have ever used in my 35 years of computing. And IF there is a real problem, they are *amazingly* quick to respond & fix it - unlike 99% of all other apps I've used.

Given that I spent 4 YEARS crafting my library metadata (tags, ratings, dates, artwork, playlists), I want the Devs to TAKE THEIR TIME and protect my library ABOVE ALL ELSE. I don't want *any* new functionality added that isn't 100% library-safe, just so someone can get their early jollies: it will be what it is, when it is. And it shall be stable.

As opposed to iTunes, which scrambled my library years ago from careless code in a rush to get features to market - NEVER AGAIN.

And THAT'S why I bought MMW (lifetime), and MMA. And why I recommend it to anyone who will listen.

I'm sure they want to release just as much as you do - except it means a paycheck to them. Why would they want to hold off???

Cutting betas for people adds significant time to the schedule - I'd rather not slow them down unnecessarily.

Give them a break - all the grousing across the many forum postings won't change a thing, and only reflects on you.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
fwrunner2018

Post by fwrunner2018 »

Wow! This thread was started nearly 5 years ago and there still isn't a version 5?
I just downloaded MM the other day and have really been liking what I see, but there are features in the Gold edition that I would love to have. Still, I hesitate to buy the single version license when it seems very likely that a newer version will be released soon. I am considering the lifetime license for that reason, but normally when a major new version is released users who purchased the old version within a few months would get a free upgrade.

That said, considering that once I get my entire music library into MM and have it configured how I like it - and have MMA on my Android phone, I wouldn't want to switch to anything else - so it makes sense to buy the lifetime license.

And what about MMA? isn't there a new version of that coming out soon?
I am using the cross-fade feature in MMA, and it is still labeled "beta".

FW
gijsraphael

Post by gijsraphael »

Any news yet? And is it true it would be finally available for MAC?
jWaSiMhE

Post by jWaSiMhE »

I would love to take the plunge and go for MM Gold but don't know whether to go for the V4 or the lifetime option.

Is there any update someone can give?
jiri

Post by jiri »

I can't give a better estimate, but we'd like to release it soon, roughly this summer.

Jiri
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

jWaSiMhE wrote:I would love to take the plunge and go for MM Gold but don't know whether to go for the V4 or the lifetime option.

Is there any update someone can give?
why not go for the lifetime option?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
JohnMBrooks

Post by JohnMBrooks »

Still waiting for MediaMonkey 5. Finger crossed! I'd be more than happy to re-buy Gold just as a 'thank you' even though I already have it. Hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Though on the other hand, it'll be really interesting to see what happens to the market with all the increased competition from streaming. I'll never give up my music collection, but I can see that this type of software might be becoming a niche tool considering how many people will never build up a library in the first place.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's been available as an Alpha release for a while from its own dedicated sub-forum.
Ankhman

Post by Ankhman »

Any word on the release of MediaMonkey 5, MM people? I'm feeling pain for having recently bought a Gold license and then reading this thread. What's happening?