Gold Sales Question

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

crazw

Gold Sales Question

Post by crazw »

I would like to purchase gold license. Now that version 4 is over 3 years old, on the ordering page it specifically says that all updates are for version 4.x only.
If i purchase today a gold license and lets say 3-6 months down the line and new version pops up, will i get a free upgrade to new version? I would like to think there is some consideration for this but cannot find details for this type of situation anywhere on the website.

Gold for 2-3-4 years is good price. Since i am just finding out about this software, if there is a chance that i go gold and get less than a year of updates that doesn't seem fair.

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: Gold Sales Question

Post by Lowlander »

Generally those who purchase a version license (ie. 4.x) get a free update if a new version (5.x) is released within a year of purchase. Note that this is just from past experience.

Note that I don't think 5.x will be here in final release within a year (my guess), there have been hints on it being in development, but between not knowing when the first beta release would be available and the then lengthy process coming to a final release I wouldn't be surprised if it is more than a year off).

The Lifetime License will cover 5.x, 6.x, etc.