Track number starts at 0, no 1..? Fix?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Track number starts at 0, no 1..? Fix?

Post by Guest »

Hey guys.

So I'm having a problem with MediaMonkey starting track listings at 0 instead of 1. Meaning if a song is 16 on the track number, it's labelled 15 because the first song is now 0 and not 1.

Any way to fix this?
nohitter151

Re: Track number starts at 0, no 1..? Fix?

Post by nohitter151 »

MM just reads the track number from the files so I'd suspect that your files are incorrectly labeled if thats the case.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
GridiroN

Post by GridiroN »

nohitter151 wrote:MM just reads the track number from the files so I'd suspect that your files are incorrectly labeled if thats the case.
Every single track on every album, including newly bought music after having switched to MM is incorrectly labelled? I very much doubt that.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Switched from what? What type of files? MediaMonkey just reads the track number from the tags of the file. If there are no tags, it will pull it from the filename if it detect any track number in the file name.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you maybe using Tools > Scripts > Increment Track#? If so set it to start at 1.

Otherwise MediaMonkey reads the Track# from tag as Nohitter151 said. That means the tags are incorrect to start with. I've imported files from a variety of sources and have not seen it start at 0. Which version of MediaMonkey are you running and as Nohitter151 asked where do the files come from?
GridiroN

Post by GridiroN »

Lowlander wrote:Are you maybe using Tools > Scripts > Increment Track#? If so set it to start at 1.

Otherwise MediaMonkey reads the Track# from tag as Nohitter151 said. That means the tags are incorrect to start with. I've imported files from a variety of sources and have not seen it start at 0. Which version of MediaMonkey are you running and as Nohitter151 asked where do the files come from?
This works. Is there way to apply this globablly instead of having to run this script over every album?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No