What kind of MM user do you consider yourself?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

What kind of MM user do you consider yourself?

You may select 1 option

View results

oldtimer

Re: What kind of user are you?

Post by oldtimer »

I am intermediate to advanced I guess I have been using it for 3 yrs

musoholic, welocme to MM. WMP is crap. I think the difference between WinAmp is taste and what your needs are. I Have a monster library and I believe MM supports the huge librarys much better. Its SQL engine, scripts and even the 'views' are good for the bigger libraries. The fancy stuff in winamp doesn't work for the rare stuff I have. I also like the menu drivin approch. I find it easier to use than the "cleaner" event driven options in Winamp. I do not have time to play pressing buttons just to see what happens when you are doing something. I do like reading manuals either. So I am stuck with MM.

To the guy that only uses flac. A 320 br mp3 only 'throws away' ultra sonic tones. Chances are your speaker or ear buds do not reproduce ultrasonic tones so there is not hearable difference. I am not saying they are the same. However, if you are limiting your library just because you can't fit anymore tunes on you disk. Maybe you ought to rethink your plan.
Adveser

Post by Adveser »

I'm new to the software, but I'll have it figured out with the best of them within a month. according to my resume, i'm an expert at windows based audio applications. I've been a sound engineer for 9 years also, so that helps too.

I know what i'm doing moreso with sound manipulation than software tweaking. I hung onto Winamp for a few years too long manipulating the player with plugins and tweaks that it reached that point where you're telling a program to override it's own settings more than it is actually applying them. That's always a recipe for disaster.
dypsis

Fanatical Tagger

Post by dypsis »

I am a fanatical tagger. :roll:
Eyal

Re: Fanatical Tagger

Post by Eyal »

dypsis wrote:I am a fanatical tagger. :roll:
LOL! I like well tagged tracks too, but mostly I'm a fanatical music lover.
So much that a sold my tv and just listen to music... and radio from time to time.

I also own 7 or 8 mp3 players ranging from 512 KB to 8 GB. :lol:
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Stephen Holbrook

Post by Stephen Holbrook »

I am an Advanced User of MM... I own and run a LP to CD conversion company and have a digital music library that numbers 97,000 plus songs. I would be lost without MM... I have found no other manager that can handle this size database and do it with ease !!!
bruecksteve

Post by bruecksteve »

I'd say an advanced user of MM. I started years ago with MusicMatch Jukebox and moved up to Winamp. I currently have all my 23,000+ (80+GB) mp3 files in Winamp but I'm in the process of re-ripping all the CD's in FLAC format in MM and so far, I've re-ripped 10,667 songs (259GB). I'd say 60% or so of the mp3's are in mp3Pro format and unfortunately, no one really supports that format anymore.

I really like the tagging features in MM though.
sanjidrah

Post by sanjidrah »

Though i have registered today, am basic user of MM since i used long back and refreshed now!
Cheers!
davideliza

Post by davideliza »

Hi lowlander,
Here David from UK. There are different types of player available in the market, but i am advanced user so from that we can learn more from this. I have not perfect knowledge about this but i am learning it from practical knowledge. I am very fond of with music so MP3 is easy option to pursue my hobby. Thanks
bluetooth headset

Post by Guest »

I just started using MediaMonkey but I already LOVE this program.

Post by Guest »

I started using monkey about 10 months ago when my library got over 25000 because itunes drove me to drink!!!! I now have 48654 songs in Media Monkey and I only drink because I'm so damn happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
m00nd0g

Post by m00nd0g »

I would be a novice because I just downloaded for the first time today . :D
Rednroll

Post by Rednroll »

I'ld say I'm intermediate at this point. Especially since I finally figured out how to use MM on multiple PCs with a single database so everything is always in sync between all my PCs when working on my music collection. If I knew how to write scripts and used MM more for its playback features, then maybe I would consider myself to be more of an advanced user.

My friend recently saw my music collection on my iPod and decided he had to have an iPod. I turned him onto using MM. He is technically challenged when it comes to computers and unfortunately now it seems I'm a technical help service desk that gets regular calls daily from him and I have been writing step by step tutorial guides on using MM for him. He doesn't get the concept of Hard Drive space, Windows Folder structures, MM Explorer view or even how to navigate between programs when you have multiple windows open on your task bar. He was reading my tutorials and trying to use MM at the same time....that was a mess. :lol: All the things I would consider to be general Windows knowledge. He bought a Dell computer a couple years ago and now He just wants to be able to put his CDs on to his iPod, so he can listen to his music collection when going to the gym.....we haven't even gotten to the stages of downloading music from the internet and the different audio file formats. I'm holding off on teaching him that, otherwise I might have to hire someone else for the additional help desk calls. :lol:

It's funny because when I went to his house, the 1st thing I did was look at his PC specs. He had 2.2Ghz processor, with 500Meg of ram, and only 30 gig of Hard drive space and 18 gig was used. I told him...dude you don't have enough Hard drive space for your music collection. He was like, "What's that?" I said, "It means you're gonna have to spend another $80-$100" to be able to put your music on your iPod. He said, Dell had come to his house for a service problem and couldn't fix the problem and they sent him "some thing" in the mail.....will this thing work? He handed me a WD 500GB Passport and said it's been sitting in a drawer for about a year because he didn't know what it was or what to do with it. :lol:
Stegemueller

Post by Stegemueller »

I'm absolutely a beginner. Installed MM Saturday night and I all ready love it though I am just in the beginning of learning all the great features. I study the help file a lot 8)
Best regards
Hanne B. Stegemüller, Denmark
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

intermediate, I've been using Monkey for about 5 months or so now, I'm a tag and bitrate junkie too, it took a bit of bashing my head against the keyboard to make MM do what I wanted it to but after the first couple of hours, everything clicked and worked smoothley and I've never had an excuse to go back to Winamp

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
Sir Peter

Post by Sir Peter »

Mental case of a user..just under 250,000 tracks and Media Monkey has no problem dealing with them..greatest player ever!!