WIFI Stereo Amplifier

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

jam3

WIFI Stereo Amplifier

Post by jam3 »

What is the most cost effective WIFI Stereo Amplifier that can use to power some passive outdoor speakers. I would like to use MM to control it. Thanks for all help
Lowlander

Re: WIFI Stereo Amplifier

Post by Lowlander »

Define effective? Anything will do, match the power of the amplifier to the speakers power and that's about it.

Do consider,
- Connections, so that your PC can connect to it
- Streaming, Bluetooth, DLNA and Chromecast are great features to have for added flexibility. Both MMA and MM5 would be able to stream via DLNA and Chromecast to it.
jam3

Post by jam3 »

I was looking at some thig like this, Soundavo NSA-250 Multiroom Music Streamer Amplifier 2 x 50W, the key is that what ever i use i would like to be able to control it via MM desktop and MM mobile
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If it supports DLNA or Chromecast (Chromecast as of MediaMonkey 5) you can stream to it from MediaMonkey (Tools > Options > Player).

If it supports Bluetooth you can play to it, if your PC with MediaMonkey can connect to Bluetooth speakers.

If you're going to hardwire it to the PC (headphone/SPDIF out) it would act as an Audio Device on your PC and MediaMonkey can play to it.