[REQ] Find more from same... playlist

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

skafan

[REQ] Find more from same... playlist

Post by skafan »

I have been playing around with MM5 to see how it fits my needs. One thing that is very important is to know which playlists a specific track is on. In MM4 I used Custom Properties Panel v 2.2.3 / Playlist (Static) to view this information. I have found in MM5 that the Find more from same / playlist mimics this functionality.

Two issues:
1) Feature request: could this "view" be added as an "available element" in options/layout?
2) Find more from same / playlist does not contain the complete list of playlist a track is on (I think it maxes out at 8)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for keeping MM alive and well all these years. I've been a user since close to the beginning!
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Find more from same... playlist

Post by Lowlander »

Properties > Classification tab shows which Playlists a file is on.

1) What View are you referring to?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

2) It shows complete list of playlists for me, if you have an example of a playlist that is missing there (for a particular track) then please open support ticket and attach your MM5.DB file (compressed) and the path of the track in question and the playlist so that we can replicate/analyze the issue.
skafan

Post by skafan »

I did wind up finding it on the Properties > Classification tab. Thanks.

The view I am referring to is: if I click on a song in the main window could the playlists that that song is on (basically the list from Properties > Classification tab) be made into an "Available element" that I can place in a panel like you can for Playing, Preview, Lyrics, media tree etc.

I make a ton of playlists and having that info readily available would be helpful. But i understand you are inundated with issues... so this might fall to the bottom of the list. i just thought it might be something easy since the info is already extracted for Properties > Classification tab
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is left for Addon developers to tackle. Unfortunately no such Addon exists yet for MediaMonkey 5.