Auto-sync metadata from device to pc failed! [#18371]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MasterofPuberty

Re: Auto-sync metadata from device to pc failed! [#18371]

Post by MasterofPuberty »

Oh, it's not the phone that's the issue (though I appreciate the tip), I just recall the general comparison that wifi sync is slower than USB. And I have a TON of files.
The background scans have also been pretty fast ever since I was finally told that while MMW supports m4a, the MMA issues were due to the OS not supporting (which is why I jumped on the MM 'band'wagon to begin with.)
Both phone and the card and *brand* new as my whole goal was to have all my music with me all the time like the old iPod classic days. So when I saw that 1TB cards were available...(AND the card slots were being removed!!) I jumped on it.

When they work, the features are incredible. It's time I made this switch. And looks like they just released a new MMA beta to fix the Metadata issue. Fingers crossed!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I totally relate, I was like you regarding all of my music with me, but once I ripped my own 6k+ CDs and 10k+ of My local radio CDs over the years I went way over 6TB of FLAC files, then I discovered benefits of playing FLAC in Car and having Android Headunit (not all Chinese are cheap and bad), paired with good Sub AMP and quality set of 3-Way speakers and 2 additional Tweets I noticed that same time I have around me 4 Devices that can play music, so buying and maintaining all of my music with me was pointless. So I went with hundreds of Auto playlists that rotate my favorite music and sync them within 30 Min. I also have private setup for radio stream in case I would like to listen my MM choice of music while not home (Auto-DJ) then there at least bunch of other family members devices that like fresh music, daughters Violin piano companion tracks, ...

End result is system that I maintain which leaves most of SDcards for pics, videos, family advetures, DASHCam DVR, .... while at any time I have 3-10 ready playlists for my driving moods. I also evade having listening music while walking around city (had few close encounters on crosswalks) and I also like to feel the sound of City I am in walking and rest my ears from constant wearing of headphones (which I have on most of time on while at home working).

Sorry to say, but glory days of iPod Classic or small Fitness MP4 players are done for me. I rarely cycle nowdays (when younger I was cycling 50-100km a day) when without earplugs (I had ones that have mic in for cycling where car horns were not filtered and were ridiculously expensive and molded to my ear canal shape). So really for me it is better to have 50 tracks I want listen while not at home than 500 that will not listen or will annoy me.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MasterofPuberty

Post by MasterofPuberty »

Well, dang! Ha, we music freaks are a peculiar bunch aren't we (with our particular setups).

I'm still rocking a 2004 Creative S750 system with the DDTS-100 7.1 upmixing decoder. Music just doesn't sound as good (at home) without it! And the sub lasted all the way to last year without needing repaired. Rare for it to last that long!

But damn it can do wonders with its upmixing by frequencies feature...I'm hard pressed to find anything that works quite like it hardware-wise. I know there's software, but this is so much more accessible. No fiddling. Just hope I cam pass it along to my grandchildren...
Peke

Post by Peke »

MasterofPuberty wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:21 pm Well, dang! Ha, we music freaks are a peculiar bunch aren't we (with our particular setups).

I'm still rocking a 2004 Creative S750 system with the DDTS-100 7.1 upmixing decoder. Music just doesn't sound as good (at home) without it! And the sub lasted all the way to last year without needing repaired. Rare for it to last that long!

But damn it can do wonders with its upmixing by frequencies feature...I'm hard pressed to find anything that works quite like it hardware-wise. I know there's software, but this is so much more accessible. No fiddling. Just hope I cam pass it along to my grandchildren...
Hush, please somebody may hear us, bragging arround, will tell us "OK, Boomer!" ;)

Yeah Creative was really creative at the time. I still have my '80s Gründig Power AMP and 4x 300W RMS 4 way speakers (15" Bass) that I can't wait to plug again (if I divorce then you will know I did it). Kids are starting to interest in very very loud music listening. Few months ago I played my 10 years old daughter J. S. Bach BWV 1041 and 1042 and Vivaldy 4 seasons at 70% power (Still empty Room without furniture in attic of 850Sqf clear space) and she cried how clear and powerful is unlike hers Altec Lansing 35W 2.1 System that can't fill the room and you can feel sound vibrations in stomach with each note.

We should stop, went way off topic.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts