Auto-sync metadata from device to pc failed! [#18371]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MasterofPuberty

Auto-sync metadata from device to pc failed! [#18371]

Post by MasterofPuberty »

Was having a blast cleaning up tags today...tested before and it updated tags successfully device to PC.

Then I get home after updating hundreds of album tags today, I sync it (with the metadata option checked, of course)...
...and all the albums reverted!!! C'mon now!!

What gives??
MasterofPuberty

Re: Auto-sync metadata from device to pc failed!

Oh, and a ton of the album art of the reverted albums is now gone from the device, too.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What device and which App did you use to edit the files. Also which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?

Could the files have been updated on the PC after the files on the phone (ie. Sync saw the files on the PC as newer than the files on the phone)?
MasterofPuberty

Just tested with one album. Focusing on artist & album artist. It keeps reverting back to the pc state no matter how I change it. Whether I'm adding to a blank album artist field, or updating the spelling.

The other day it worked fine with a different test album.
Last edited by MasterofPuberty on Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MasterofPuberty

Fully updated android Note 20 Ultra, using the latest beta build.
MasterofPuberty

And I am using MMW & MMA to edit the tags. The edits on MMA are undone when I synced to pc today.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please check the system clock on both devices as Sync looks at the newest edit.

Make sure you only edit on MMA and then Sync. Also which versions of MMA and MMW?
MasterofPuberty

I'm only using the latest beta of both, AND I tested by changing the tags on MMA a few times a few minutes ago then watching as every time these tags were overwritten by the pc tags which I didn't change.
MasterofPuberty

I've also been updating the MMA tags all day while out of the house. The pc hadn't even been turned on since yesterday.
MasterofPuberty

And now it's not syncing tags in either direction! Tried a different album. Added some zzz's at the end of WWA version. Didn't update on MMW. Then looked after "sync" at MMA again. Didn't even overwrite the updated tags this time. Tried the reverse...added some ooo's at the end of the same album on PC. Synced. No change. The MMA version of this album now has zzz's after the title, and the MMW version has ooo's. Both remain unchanged and unsynced.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

MasterofPuberty

Re: Auto-sync metadata from device to pc failed! [#18371]

Def related but not sure exactly the same conditions as mine. I am using auto-conversion, however. But with USB. I have too many files to use wifi sync, yet.

Either way, I wrote a detailed description with a couple of logs included in a new support ticket for this. I hope it's looked at and read carefully.
Peke

Post by Peke »

MasterofPuberty wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:29 am Def related but not sure exactly the same conditions as mine. I am using auto-conversion, however. But with USB. I have too many files to use wifi sync, yet.
BTW our tests proved that after initial USB sync (once successful) WiFi Sync is much faster to update and make devices in Sync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MasterofPuberty

Okay, but even with 700Gb left of files to transfer? (Doing it in batches so I'm not without a phone for an entire week/weekend.)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Hmmm, what about this: Turn the phone off -> Eject SDCard and do one batch -> Insert SDcard -> Turn Phone On and see if that helps and make things faster. Turning off phone before removing/reinserting SDCard will in most cases trick phone to not reindex.

Personally on any portable device I do not keep more than 500 tracks and do constant rotation of fresh tracks. But again it is me.

Well excluding some 30-50 that I use for group/people ringtones.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts