Reporting and pinnig option disappeared [#18404]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

FJvH

Reporting and pinnig option disappeared [#18404]

Post by FJvH »

Seems that as of 2507 the pinning option (thru Right click -> Send to -> Pin) has disappeared.
And as of 2508 the option to create reports (thru the File menu) is no longer there.
Both options were still present in 2506.
Have these options been moved to somewhere else or ...?
N.b. I am using MM5 in the Dutch language and the dark material design skin.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Reporting and pinnig option disappeared

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Re: Reporting and pinnig option disappeared [#18404 #18405]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As it can be read in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18405

"Reports are moved to Context Menu Send To -> File List due the fact many users complained Reports are Grayed out. Send to Menu is only available when there is selection, so now there is no confusion when reports can be created."
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Re: Reporting and pinnig option disappeared [#18404 #18405]

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:43 am "Reports are moved to Context Menu Send To -> File List due the fact many users complained Reports are Grayed out. Send to Menu is only available when there is selection, so now there is no confusion when reports can be created."
?

You guys seem to delight in shooting yourself in the foot.
Now there is yet another thing to confuse migrating customers and to generate negative posts here.
  • MM5 is now one of the very few applications where Export facilities are not in the File menu
  • MM5 export facilities are not even in the MM5 menu item explicitly named File>Export ?!
  • And this is a break from previous versions of MM for next to no gain ... I can't understand why you thought that a disabled menu item was less confusing than a missing menu item
  • defunct communications ... the person manning the Help Desk and writing the documentation didn't know it was changing ... and the change list available to Users just says "Improve organization of the Reports functions"
Suggest that you add it back into the File Menu (also), and if it is pressed when 0 tracks are selected, display an info message telling the User to select some files first. And if some tracks are selected, go to the same place that the SendTo>FileList takes them.

Otherwise you could add menu text lines into File>Export saying something like
File List exports
available at Right
Click "Send To" menu
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: Reporting and pinnig option disappeared [#18404]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Barry4679 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:14 pm You guys seem to delight in shooting yourself in the foot.
Maybe, but then we do not say it was an accident and play dead.

Thanks for pointing out unlike some others it took us full weekend to act apron it ;)

More at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 636#c65088

I always point out, that I love being part of this community. Hate when someone is afraid to speak out, but not in offending way, but in matter of good will and care for product.

Feel free to comment.
Best regards,
Peke
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 pm Feel free to comment.
Too late to stop now :D

Peke wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 pm I always point out, that I love being part of this community.
Yes it is a good community, and I like being here also. The tone is set by general admiration for, and love of, MediaMonkey I think.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Barry4679 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:32 pm Yes it is a good community, and I like being here also. The tone is set by general admiration for, and love of, MediaMonkey I think.
This is why I see your tone in the best of constructive context, not as brag how MM5 is bad.

Should be resolved in next few builds before 5.0.2 stable is out.
Best regards,
Peke