[Ticket #2927] Auto-Organise Does Not Respect the Choices in Tools / Options / Auto-Organise

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

[Ticket #2927] Auto-Organise Does Not Respect the Choices in Tools / Options / Auto-Organise

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

The Powerpoint below shows that for my installation Auto-Organise does not use the options selected under Tools / Options.

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=FEJ5Mn

What is interesting is that it is using my MMW4 options!

If I do a comparable action in MMW4, it does better with the choices I make with Tools / Options / Library / Auto-Organise or is it just remembering the "Most Recently Used" option.

Does anyone have this working i.e. different auto-organise locations based on the collection / genre etc?
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: [Ticket #2927] Auto-Organise Does Not Respect the Choices in Tools / Options / Auto-Organise

Post by Lowlander »

You're using 2 independent features. Auto-Organize takes care of automatic organizing files in the background. Auto-Organize Files on the other hand is for manual organization (ie. if you have Auto-Organize enabled you shouldn't need to use Auto-Organize Files).

Auto-Organize runs automatically (if enabled to do so) any time a file is added or edited in MediaMonkey (this means that when you set the rules it won't automatically run till files are edited).
IanRTaylorUK

Re: [Ticket #2927] Auto-Organise Does Not Respect the Choices in Tools / Options / Auto-Organise

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Lowlander,

So perhaps the overlap in the names is misleading. I would suggest that CTRL+R is "Organise Files" as it is not really "Automatic" as manually invoked by user AND always(?) involves a dialogue / confirmation. Could this be better named as just "Organise Files" in right click menu pop-up and under Tools ? in the Main Menu?

With regard to "Automatic Organise", is there a way to see what was "Automatically Organised". I don't think any field like TimeStamp, Added etc will show / list what has changed.

It would be useful to have a "Custom Node" for "Tracks Edited Today" or "Tracks Auto-Organised in Last Day / Week etc. "

Also, if you set Auto-Organise to be carried out during Scans or Edits, would you expect "Files To Edit" / "Unorganised Files" to be empty?

What I think I am seeing is that whilst "Files To Edit" / "Unorganised" is clear for the Entire Library (that includes Music / Podcasts / Audiobooks). It is not clear for the Podcasts node! So you would have that is something appears in the Podcast Node's File To Edit / Unorganised THEN it should also appear in Entire Library.

I do not have TV or Videos in my library so can't really comment on these two nodes.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Only files newly added will be Auto-Organized during scanning, any files already in the Library won't be organized.

There is no method to track what's been organized recently.

Are the files shown in Podcasts unorganized?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Lowlander,

Since Music / Podcasts / Playlists are set to be "Added / ReScanned" to the library "At Start-Up" (only AudioBooks set for manual and Download set to continuous), there should not be any "new" files. All files should have been in the library already.

I can sort of track what has changed because I have a MMW4 complete library on my D: drive and MMW5 clone on my E: drive by using - for example - Salty Brine's Foldermatch to compare the two libraries.

From what I can see, then problem files are recent duplicates with (n) at the end of the file name! Not certain how or why this has happened.

It seems the problem is just Podcasts.

DebugView Log is:

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=h2gybc
Ian Taylor
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks for your feedback. Will check that.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I seemed to have cleared things up.

a). Deleted all the duplicates with (n) at end of file name.
b). Checked E:\Music same as D:\Music
c). Set MMW4 to "Auto-Organise" identically to MMW5 e.g. refers to D: rather than E:
d). Excluded E:\Downloads and \Music\Various, Music\The Jeff Healey Band\As the Years Go Passing By folders from Auto-Organise in both MMW4 and MMW5 [not related to problem but I don not want to "AO" these for various reasons].
e). Ran MMW4 several times and observed "AO" working in debug [matches rule / matches path...]
f). Re-check D:\Music to E:\Music - all OK
g). Ran MMW5 several times
h). Re-check E:\Music to D:\Music - still all OK.

Will keep an eye open for any re-occurrence!
Ian Taylor