MMW5's "Playing" list is missing many features from MMW4

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Poobslag

MMW5's "Playing" list is missing many features from MMW4

Post by Poobslag »

Is there any way to restore the functionality of the old "Now Playing" playlist, or any plans to bring back these features? It used to be pretty easy to queue up an hour of randomized music, but it's now quite difficult.

MediaMonkey 4's "Now Playing" playlist had many useful features:

* You could see how many items are currently playing
* You could see the duration of the items currently playing
* You could see the duration of selected songs

For example, I might queue up 3 albums. Then I'd see, "Oh that's 3 hours 20 minutes worth of music, but I only want one hour of music for my run." So I would shuffle the Now Playing list, select the first hour's worth of songs, and delete the rest. This is now impossible for many reasons, which can be seen in this screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/nu2QV4B.png

* You can no longer see how many items are playing. MediaMonkey displays "Playing 42/8" although I'm not sure what that means.
* You can no longer see the duration of the items playing. MediaMonkey displays "33:05" which is also inaccurate -- there are 44 songs playing which make up several hours of music.
* You can no longer see the duration of selected songs. In playlists, you can see "45 Files, 251 MB, 02:59:58" but there is no such display here.

I hope these features make it back to MMW5! I love the new UI but it's very hard to do certain things.
Lowlander

Re: MMW5's "Playing" list is missing many features from MMW4

Post by Lowlander »

Playing now shows file count and duration, not for selection though. You may need to update to the latest release to get this (and make sure Auto-DJ is disabled to see duration): viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Poobslag

Re: MMW5's "Playing" list is missing many features from MMW4

Post by Poobslag »

Awesome thank you!