"Convert files" settings changes unexpectedly to internal default

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

"Convert files" settings changes unexpectedly to internal default

Post by terryo »

Using 5.0.01.2433, but this problem has existed in every version of MM5 I have used.

MM5 keeps reverting to VBR~192 kbps unexpectedly (i.e. in no predictable pattern so I can't capture a debug).

This is really annoying because it degrades the audio of my downloaded promo CD from a label and forces me to request another download. My preferred setting is CBR, 320 kbps, stereo. Why can't I get this locked into MM5's code?

Perhaps you could just make CBR-320-stereo the default setting for all MM5 "convert files"?
Lowlander

Re: "Convert files" settings changes unexpectedly to internal default

Post by Lowlander »

Please update to the latest 5.0.2 build: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639 It should be fixed.
terryo

Post by terryo »

This problem seems to have gone away, but MM 5.0.2.2513 is not stable. It is crashing multiple times every day. The crash message suggests I reopen in "Safe Mode". But then it gives me an error message and refuses to open.

I have screen captures of both the crash and the restart failure messages but I forgot your mechanism for sending them as I apparently can't attach them here.

MM 5.0.2.2513 also has a annoying habit of losing the ability to select multiple files with either Shift+click and Ctrl+click. I have to jump to a different point in the tree and back to refresh the display which then restores these multiple track select functions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The current 5.0.2 build is 2519, please update to it as your problems may already have been resolved.