Display after database adds

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

harpoharpsichord

Display after database adds

Post by harpoharpsichord »

When I add some files to the database, the database is actualized internally but it is not visible in the lists. The display is not actualized. Appears always.
Lowlander

Re: Display after database adds

Post by Lowlander »

Which node and which Build (Help > About) are you using and does F5 show the changes?
harpoharpsichord

I'm using 2516. Sure, pressing F5 updates the whole database. Therefore I know that the database itself is updated, only it is not displayed. It should work like it worked in MM4.
harpoharpsichord

Shall I send you a corresponding log?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I can't replicate,
I am e.g. in Music > All Tracks , List view and the tracks are gradually adding there while scanning:
Similarly in Music > Artists, Grid view and the artists are gradually adding there while scanning.

In which view/node you are when the database isn't updated?
How exaclty you are adding the tracks to the database?
Couldn't it be that you are in a different collection?
harpoharpsichord

I'm using now 2519.
After adding an album it does not appear in the column "Album".
harpoharpsichord

The 'Interpret' column is not actualized too.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is it just the Column Filter that is not updating, or are the files also not showing in the Filelisting? Could you attach link to a screenshot of your exact Filelisting configuration?
harpoharpsichord

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13wL4aM ... sp=sharing
All columns are not uodated after adding files to the database.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I still can't replicate. Used also Music > Artists in 'List (by Album)' view with 'Column Filter' enabled (and empty database) and both column filter and file-listing is populated correctly while adding new tracks via menu Add/Rescan.

On your screenshot I see that you added only 6 files to your database and the UI seems updated correctly -- or can you eleborate what's missing/wrong on your screenshot?
harpoharpsichord

This screenshot comes not after the process of adding.
Tomorrow I will send you a series of screenshots documenting the process together with a log.
harpoharpsichord

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZCyhBf ... sp=sharing
Here are a number of screenshots and a log.
It shows how I add an album, after inserting it is not visible, when I actualize the database, I can see it.
Hope you can get the problem.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, thanks for the screenshots/files.

I am still quite confused by the screenshots though, on your screenshot MM5_3.jpg there is 'Column Filter' enabled with columns Artist, Album, Album Artist.
In the 'Artist' column you selected 'Mozart, Wolfgand Amadeus' and in the 'Album' column I see album 'Serenade K.361'Gran Partita' (Octophoros)'
BUT on the MM5_4.jpg the 'Serenade K.361'Gran Partita' (Octophoros)' is no longer there, but was replaced by the newly added 'Serenade K.361 | Divertimento K. 166 (Zefiro)' , so the question is why the 'Serenade K.361'Gran Partita' (Octophoros)' is no longer there? Did you deleted the album from library between the screenshots 3 and 4? Or what exactly you did between those two screenshot? Could you capture in a screencast video?
And are you using the last build 2519 ? From the debug log I can't see this as the log isn't complete, probably DbgView wasn't started prior to MM5 start?

Anyone else is ably to replicate this issue to shed some light on this and find the exact steps?
harpoharpsichord

I have deleted nothing.
The octophoros serenade is written K.361 (without space) and the zefiro serenade is written K. 361 (with space). Therefore the octophoros is sorted a few lines below the zefiro and is not within the visible part of the window.
I have repeated the whole process once again and started dbgview.exe at the beginning. First I removed the zefiro entry from the database.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6QMQy ... sp=sharing
I wrote a comment into the screenshots.
Hope this helps.
harpoharpsichord

I forgot. I'm using 2519.