ipod sync not removing all other media files

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

ipod sync not removing all other media files

Post by pip_pill »

I have managed to sync music to my Ipod previously with MM5 but the sync in MM5 5.0.2.2519 seems to be a little strange, as it has been in previous versions.
I had my ipod fully loaded but wanted to load a different set/playlist of music namely and only playlist "1 A The UK No1 Singles Collection 1952 to Today" with 7 sub playlists under it and a total of 1122 files in it.
I selected checkbox Delete other files and playlists.... and (All other media files) and left it to sync my playlist.
Attached are pics of the after sync situation ie I came back to find the the sync reports that the "device was full"
The original files are still on the device! Total files on the device now are 20630
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
The ipod is Apple iPod classic 6th Generation GreyBlack Dial Grey 120GB SN 8K919VW02C7 Model MB565LL Ver2.0.1
Lowlander

Re: ipod sync not removing all other media files

Post by Lowlander »

How exactly did you initiate the Sync?
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Started MM5

Pugged in the ipod

flash screen in MM5 stating it was connected

Navigated to "Devices & Services

clicked on the ipod which showed the previous playlist that was synced, I have a folder specifically for the device containing playlists (0 ipod Phils sync) this contains 24 sub playlists as can be seen in the picture, "Ipod playlist for sync 1122 files.JPG"

went to the folder "0 ipod Phils sync" and deleted some of the sub playlists (4 or 5)

went to the device in Devices & Services and unchecked all other playlists other than "1 A The UK No1 Singles Collection 1952 to Today" see picture, Ipod device after sync Full.JPG

Clicked on check box "Delete other files and playlists form 'phil's Ipod" and selected dropdown All other media files

Clicked on Sync now

- it started working so I left it an hour came back and it stated ipod full

Im going to click Sync now again and will advise what happens
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Isn't it possible that the "1 A The UK No1 Singles Collection 1952 to Today" auto-playlists is actually larger than you thinks?
If you remove all contents from the Sync-List and sync it, does it delete all the tracks from the iPod or not? i.e. the iPod should be clear after the sync.
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Ludek wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:22 am Isn't it possible that the "1 A The UK No1 Singles Collection 1952 to Today" auto-playlists is actually larger than you thinks?
In answer to the question of volume there are 1122 files @ 5.5GB - so no it was not full or containing hidden or other files
Ludek wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:22 am If you remove all contents from the Sync-List and sync it, does it delete all the tracks from the iPod or not? i.e. the iPod should be clear after the sync.
I have now managed to get the ipod to empty and starting to re sync

I think at somepoint in the "open session" there was a error/fault on syncing (auto reported) over stack or something.

When the flash screen for "do you want to delete XXX tracks" appeared couldn't click the check boxt but the box was already checked and I clicked "continue" the sync continued, for some reason MM5 also started do do a count up of tagging files which there was no initiation by me for, it got to something like 5000 and I right mouse clicked "terminated" it
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you experience failures/freezes during Sync, then please capture these in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.