ipod sync not only syncing selected files/tracks but what is wants to [#18569]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

ipod sync not only syncing selected files/tracks but what is wants to [#18569]

Post by pip_pill »

So my ipod was empty...

I synced "1 A The UK No1 Singles collection 1952 to today" (with 7 sub playlists) see picture playlists selected for sync.JPG

Then synced "3 A Now that's what I call music", see picture playlists selected for sync.JPG

Then synced "Added days ago... 15", see picture playlists selected for sync.JPG

sync went ok BUT

For some reason many other files were synced, albums and other files that were not selected ie (see the picture of "additional music synced.JPG ") on the device Phil's iPod you can see albums Adele 25, Rhianna - A Girl Like me, Electric Light Orchestra - A New World Record, Savage Garden - Affirmation

The selection criteria for the sync is in picture "Sync selection criteria.JPG" the checkbox for sync other file up to capacity is not selected

I just checked the playlists on the iPod and noticed it has synced the top level "0 iPod Phils" which is not selected, but these albums/files are in ie sync see picture "0 iPod Phils Sync.JPG" but is not checked in the playlists to sync....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Lowlander

Re: ipod sync not only syncing selected files/tracks but what is wants to

Post by Lowlander »

Screenshots don't show what files are on the selected Playlists. So far it always turns out to be an erroneous selection that caused the additional files.

If you can reproduce with an empty iPod and a small Playlist, please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

As i stated in the comment.

I just checked the playlists on the iPod and noticed it has synced the top level "0 iPod Phils" which is not selected, but these albums/files are in ie sync see picture "0 iPod Phils Sync.JPG" but is not checked in the playlists to sync...

1) "playlists selected for sync.JPG" shows what playlists are selected, this does not include the top level playlist "O Ipod Phils Sync" as it has a horizontal line through the selection box
2) "Sync selection criteria.JPG" also show the same information as above ie "O Ipod Phils Sync" as it has a horizontal line through the selection box
3) I apologize that I left out this picture "added playlist not selected.JPG" which may explain the issue, the syncing included "O Ipod Phils Sync" even though it was not selected
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

A selection of the actual files that were included from "0 iPod Phils" are in the "added playlist not selected.JPG" ie 2255 files, 32 Genre, 413 Artists, (not shown) 252 Albums etc etc which you can see in the column filter selection in the picture

IE It copied the top level playlist and added it as a playlist....
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
yes, parent playlist is copied together with its child playlists (to keep the hierarchy for devices that supports the hierarchical playlists -- like Android devices with MMA installed).

This has always used to work this way, athough I agree that it looks like a bug for devices like iPods that doesn't support hierarchical playlists.

Tracking as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18569