failure to see a new fill when scanning

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jimlynch22

failure to see a new fill when scanning

Post by jimlynch22 »

I have a new .wav file in a folder and MM5W does not find it when scanning. MM4W finds it.
Lowlander

Re: failure to see a new fill when scanning

Post by Lowlander »

Did you verify using the Entire Library > Location node that the file isn't in the Library? Also: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... y-library/
jimlynch22

Post by jimlynch22 »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:24 pm Did you verify using the Entire Library > Location node that the file isn't in the Library? Also: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... y-library/
yes, Entire Library->location fails to find the new file. MMW4 finds it. None of the tips in the link you supplied apply.

I'm running win7 64bit and MM 5.0.2.2519
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you see and play it from Folders in the Media Tree?
jimlynch22

Post by jimlynch22 »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 pm Can you see and play it from Folders in the Media Tree?
It is not in the media tree. I just noticed in the Scan Log that the file was skipped, along with the other files that were already in the library. Like, MM thinks it's in the library, but it;s not.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying Folders isn't in the Media Tree? If so, enable it under Tools > Options > Collections & Views.

Are you sure the file isn't short and thus excluded based on the settings under Tools > Options > Library?
jimlynch22

Post by jimlynch22 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:46 am Are you saying Folders isn't in the Media Tree? If so, enable it under Tools > Options > Collections & Views.

Are you sure the file isn't short and thus excluded based on the settings under Tools > Options > Library?
Yes, not in the media tree. Files are not small. I did do a workaround by dragging the files from the file system into the Now Playing list and was able to add them to the library from there. A bit worrisome, still.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Then I guess you must disable the WAV extensions from scanning?
Options > Library > When adding files
Audio: AAC,APE,APL,CDA,FLA,FLAC,M4A,M4B,M4P,MAC,MP+,MP3,MPC,MPP,OGG,WAV,WAX,WMA,X-APE

Can you verify that WAV is there?