Incorrect waveform

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Leonos

Incorrect waveform

Post by Leonos »

Does anyone else have incorrect waveforms in the player when displayed with View | Layout | Layout | Player | Seek bar > Waveform bar?

For many songs I noticed that the form displayed is not consistent at all with what I hear. From an old post I read that you can right-click on the bar and select Update waveform.

That seems to solve the problem but I have to do that for every individual song playing. Is there no other solution to rebuild those waveforms? I am using the same songs / playlist on two computers and the waveforms are identically wrong at first, so it seems a MM problem. Using version 5.0.1.2433.
MiPi

Re: Incorrect waveform

Post by MiPi »

Waveforms are cached in Portable\Temp\Waveforms (or AppData/Local/Temp/MediaMonkey5 for non portable version). You can delete them and they will be regenerated next time needed.
Could you try with clean portable 5.0.2. version (viewtopic.php?p=491063#p491063), whether you will reproduce it again with some file(s)? Some problems with waveforms were already fixed (sometimes it was not computed till the end, or was displayed stretched/reduced). Please let me know, whether it is ok already, thanks.
Leonos

Post by Leonos »

MiPi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:39 am (or AppData/Local/Temp/MediaMonkey5 for non portable version).
Thanks. If it is going to be solved in a new version, that would be awesome.

I am using the non-portable version but that folder seems to contain only .jpg files for the Artist Bio view. What file extension should those waveforms have? Then I can search for them elsewhere.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Sorry, should be in AppData\Local\Temp\Waveforms. They have general .dat extension.
Leonos

Post by Leonos »

Excellent! Deleting that folder indeed recreates the waveforms. And correctly, so far. Thank you very much for your help.