How do I find composers in 5 Alpha

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

How do I find composers in 5 Alpha

Post by yarguy »

One of the reasons I continue to use MM 4 is that it has lots of features that work well with classical music. But in the 5 Alpha that is now available, I can't use it with classical music because I can't find how to select by composer, the most basic feature required for any music player to work with classical music. Am I missing something, or is MM 5? Even iTunes on my oldest iPad lets me do this.
Ludek

Re: How do I find composers in 5 Alpha

Post by Ludek »

Classical Music > Composer > ....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyu3b36wjpp6f ... .53.15.png

Isn't this enabled by default for you?
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

It's as if I were running a completely different program. Nothing close to that screen shot appears any where. I can't even find how to access Classical Music as a type. The initial screen I get just has Artist, Album, Genre, Video and a few other. Additionally, I did notice that lots of tracks that are Classical Music type in 4 are not Classical Music type in 5.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Are you using .2058?
Reinstall?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I don't have a full tree either ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you use the MM4 database or start fresh?

I do have the Classical Music node (I use the MM4 database) and as such also see Composers. You should also be able to configure the Media Tree like in MM4 and create/modify Collections which includes the option to add sub-nodes like Composers, just like in MM4.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

I thought I had responded but the post doesn't seem to be here. My apologies if this just repeats.

I did a re-install and got the proper display. I don't know what happened the first time around. I was able to navigate to the tracks I wanted, though I found the response time of the graphics intensive display to be a slower than the non-graphics display in 4. I don't require graphics displays (I date back to pre Apple II days) especially if they slow things up. I know I need to investigate 5 more, but the initial reaction is that there isn't much new other than the graphics display. And I am not sure what I would expect to be new because I thought 4 was very good on library management, though it and 5 lack any easy way to enter and retrieve recording information - date, place, label, number, musicians in an ensemble (Involved People does not have a systematic way to relate player with instrument, for example) but no other music player has this either.

As a bonus I discovered that I can play MM through my Sonos system, both in MM5 and MM4. Don't know how I missed that for the last two years.