Not sure if these features are planned for MM5 [#13932][#13937]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jwhitworth

Not sure if these features are planned for MM5 [#13932][#13937]

Post by jwhitworth »

The ability to lock a tab (I think I have seen this request for MMW4).

The ability to duplicate a tab (so changes can be made to the new tab and not the original).

New way to define the way columns are sorted. Make it look more like MS Excel.

Ability to sort albums by release data (this may require setting logic for handling albums which contain different dates for the individual tracks and using both date fields).
Ludek

Re: Not sure if these features are planned for MMW5

Post by Ludek »

jwhitworth wrote:The ability to lock a tab (I think I have seen this request for MMW4).
Do you think something like "Total Lockdown" option in Party Mode?
jwhitworth wrote:The ability to duplicate a tab (so changes can be made to the new tab and not the original).
Isn't this already working both in MM4 and MM5? If I click the add tab button then duplicated tab is created, isn't this what do you seek?
jwhitworth wrote:New way to define the way columns are sorted. Make it look more like MS Excel.
Can you specify or attach a link to this request?
jwhitworth wrote:Ability to sort albums by release data (this may require setting logic for handling albums which contain different dates for the individual tracks and using both date fields).
In MM5 the release date for the album is auto-calculated from the tracks, so it is now assignable also per album.
Added the request as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13932
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

Ludek wrote:
jwhitworth wrote:The ability to lock a tab (I think I have seen this request for MMW4).
Do you think something like "Total Lockdown" option in Party Mode?

I had never used Party Mode but something like that on individual tabs would be nice. I do not want to lock everything. That would keep me from adding a new tab.
jwhitworth wrote:The ability to duplicate a tab (so changes can be made to the new tab and not the original).
Isn't this already working both in MM4 and MM5? If I click the add tab button then duplicated tab is created, isn't this what do you seek?

Sorry, I did not realize that the new tab was actually a duplicate. In MMW5 I was having trouble with the add tab button not appearing and I was using the View --> New Tab.
jwhitworth wrote:New way to define the way columns are sorted. Make it look more like MS Excel.
Can you specify or attach a link to this request?

jwhitworth wrote:Ability to sort albums by release data (this may require setting logic for handling albums which contain different dates for the individual tracks and using both date fields).
In MM5 the release date for the album is auto-calculated from the tracks, so it is now assignable also per album.
Added the request as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13932
What do you mean by "assignable per album"?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I had never used Party Mode but something like that on individual tabs would be nice. I do not want to lock everything. That would keep me from adding a new tab.
OK, maybe I don't understand why it would be useful, maybe you would like to use this tab as a template?
Nevertheless added this feature request to Mantis for evaluation: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13937
New way to define the way columns are sorted. Make it look more like MS Excel.
This is already possible both in the tracklist and auto-playlist, see:

What do you mean by "assignable per album"?
I meant that it is filled in database column albums.year now, but you are true, it is not editable from UI yet (just shown in the album view).