MM5 Not recognising iPod Classic

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

MM5 Not recognising iPod Classic

Post by tbm72 »

My iPod Classic works fine in MM4 and syncs with no problem but MM5 just doesn't even recognise it's connected.

It's listed as a device in MM5 under Devices and Services (presumably because it imported the iPod's profile from MM4?) but it just says "Disconnected".
tbm72

Re: MM5 Not recognising iPod Classic

Post by tbm72 »

Actually it seems to be working now - I exported the iPod's device profile from MM4 and then imported into MM5 and seems to be working OK now.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, importing profile from MM4 shouldn't be needed, I guess it was just coincidence.

If you install MM5 portable to another folder (without importing DB from MM4) and run it (fresh install, empty DB), does it recognize the iPod correctly?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

OK, did a fresh clean install and it seemed to recognise it OK now.

The iPod appeared OK in the fresh install with all my music on it although it had been given the name "@usbstor.inf,%genericbulkonly.devicedesc%;USB Mass Storage Device" but all seems OK.

I quit and restart and it appeared again but with a different name in the device list now: "@oem0.inf,%iPhone.DeviceDesc%;Apple Mobile Device USB Driver"

But apart from that it all seems fine.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting the issue with iPod name,
I have reproduced the same once I renamed the iPod in iTunes, then MM got the name like
"@usbstor.inf,%genericbulkonly.devicedesc%;USB Mass Storage Device"

To be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15207