2149 - multiples invocations of MM

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2149 - multiples invocations of MM

Post by Barry4679 »

should this happen, which this config setting?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4s0uasuz6itjm ... s.png?dl=0

btw Portable installation ... is this relevant?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Re: 2149 - multiples invocations of MM

Post by PetrCBR »

It shouldn't and i cannot reproduce ... can you make me a log ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Is late. Will try in the morning.

I start MM5 from a desktop shortcut .. I thought that i stumbled my double click ... so I did it again ... so both sets were close together.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

unable to replicate.

quick double clicks don't trigger it ... my other theory is that I did have a couple MM crashes earlier ... I probably pressed your restart button on one of them ... could a restarted invocation trick your mechanism ... ie. MM crashes ... user presses your Restart button .... the user minimises the restarted version, and forgets that it is running ... user invokes a new version of MM

if no, then it must be a timing issue which is difficult to replicate.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

It happened again.

The exposure is when MM5 is closing down. It seems to take a long time. Maybe caused by your debug version? ... It seems during this close down, your check against multiple invocations is not working.

While testing MM5 I sometimes close MM5, and them immediately restart it. I do this to trigger MM to persist config changes, just in case MM abends during my testing.

If you close MM5, and then immediately double click the shortcut to restart it ... and think that you stumbled the double click, so you double click again ... you can get two invocations, even though AlllowJustOneVersion is checked.

nb. AlllowJustOneVersion was checked the whole time ... ie. it was not the setting that I was trying to persist.