Problem with Enter Network Credentials dbox [#14345]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Problem with Enter Network Credentials dbox [#14345]

Post by Peke »

Just to add even this should be fixed you can use my app to temporary change credentials for the Share.

Tested on my QNAP using file explorer and other file managers:
1. Start UNCPathLogin.exe
2. Make sure no app is accessing Share ATM (Inserted fail safe so that you do not have Data loss if other apps access the share) eg. close File explorer and Acronis
3. Insert credentials (root for me) you want to apply for UNC Share in my case "\\MYQNAP\home"
4. Open File Explorer and paste \\MYQNAP\home in address bar and press enter
5. Root HOME folder content is seen
6. Closed File Explorer
7. Insert credentials (pavle for me) you want to apply for UNC Share in my case "\\MYQNAP\home" and click Login (Should connect)
8. Open File Explorer and paste \\MYQNAP\home in address bar and press enter
9. pavle HOME folder content is seen

Windows limitations are done you can switch credentials for shared folders on fly, no need to go to "Credentials Manager" and change Windows Credentials.

EDIT: To answer your question. Yes that error came when MM5 tries to access shares with different credentials (Win credentials from "Credentials Manager") and as Two Windows apps (and Windows itself) is not allowed to access same share with two credentials eg. that is why you get Credentials popup in order to enter admin credentials. As my app only temporary change credentials you can also use it to temp allow any app to access that share with different credentials (windows change it for this session)
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:36 pm EDIT: To answer your question. Yes that error came when MM5 tries to access shares with different credentials (Win credentials from "Credentials Manager") and as Two Windows apps (and Windows itself) is not allowed to access same share with two credentials eg. that is why you get Credentials popup in order to enter admin credentials. As my app only temporary change credentials you can also use it to temp allow any app to access that share with different credentials (windows change it for this session)
But there is only a single entry for my NAS in CredentialsManager|WindowsCredentials.
Peke

Post by Peke »

But you have two access profiles to NAS and when other profile access NAS resources (Acronis backup Service???) Windows do not allow it to access NAS using other profile.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum