Expand The Media Tree

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Stigg

Expand The Media Tree

Post by Stigg »

I see that you can expand the Media Tree for Music, Years and Location, but I cannot see how to expand the Media Tree for other nodes such as Albums, Artist, Album Artist, Genres, Composers etc. How do I enable the expansion of these and others?
Barry4679

Re: Expand The Media Tree

Post by Barry4679 »

MM5 has replaced those sub-nodes with other access methods
But the old way is still available via an add-on, which comes shipped with MM5 I think

Search the forum for "showAllNodes"

I thought that I would miss them, but have tried MM5 without them, and have found that I don't.

eg. Composers ... click on the Composer node under something like Music or EntireLibrary ... you get a home page for Composers
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih4jwf8y66v18 ... s.png?dl=0

You can browse them, or type something like 'bra', and you get filtered to Brahms, click on him, and see all album which contain his work ... click on an album, and you can see his tracks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3o7fq2f8jeia ... g.png?dl=0
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Thanks Barry.

But I do like to scroll down the Media Tree. Especially for Artist, Album Artist and Album.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Stigg wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 pm Thanks Barry.

But I do like to scroll down the Media Tree. Especially for Artist, Album Artist and Album.
So just install the addon, go to Tools > Extensions > Add
and select MM5 install folder/sampleScripts/showAllNodes.mmip
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Thanks Ludek.