2152: GPM Sync crash: Not all close query events are finished

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

mtrhead

2152: GPM Sync crash: Not all close query events are finished

Post by mtrhead »

Just installed 2152 and after my previous posting and subsequent recommendation in addition to reinclusion of fix I ensured all playlists over 10000 items were removed, then reinstalled MM5 and GPM sync appears to have changed:

1) No update or status bar displayed (which I'm pretty sure was there on 2149), only the rotating circle at top RHS is left
2) Eventually status bar flashes up at converting file but no progress bar update (even after many hours)
3) Halting MM5 gives dump 46CB1BE9, "not all close query events are finished"

all smart playlists have been duplicated in MM5 (not sure if this what is meant to happen and/or expected) but a view from GPM side shows the playlists haven't sync'd.
Barry4679

Re: 2152: GPM Sync crash: Not all close query events are finished

Post by Barry4679 »

mtrhead wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:04 pm 1) No update or status bar displayed (which I'm pretty sure was there on 2149), only the rotating circle at top RHS is left
The Status bar is hidden by default. ... Double click the spinning wheel to display the Status bar. ... ?? Yes I agree, a very strange decision to implement the Status Bar as an Easter Egg.

Also it is best to have the Player panel visible, otherwise the Status Bar is prone to being overlaid over some other screen element, making it hard to read.

mtrhead wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:04 pm 2) Eventually status bar flashes up at converting file but no progress bar update (even after many hours)
Many hours??!

Here 47,000 tracks and a bunch of playlists are sync'd in 13 minutes. .... By "sync'd" I mean a 1st time sync, where GPM tracks are matched to MM data, and Google track locations are stored in the MM db ... no insertion of "new" tracks into MM, no download of music, and not sync of GPM metadata to MM ... ie. just the top two items checked on Devices&Services>GPM (https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3097tixoy43d ... g.png?dl=0 ) ... and no sync in the direction from MM->GPM. .... your sync test involved more than that?

btw: playlists sync slower than tracks ... my 47,000 tracks sync in 11 minutes, but less than 50 playlists, the longest of which would be 20 tracks, takes another two minutes. ... so that may account for your long duration.