problems about selecting and automatic column widths [#15415]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Jaani

problems about selecting and automatic column widths [#15415]

Post by Jaani »

Hi!

In a playlist like recently added increase the width of a column like Title for example. Try to multiple select tracks by Ctrl. It's Ok if you click on the title characters but if you keep Ctrl and click on the empty space of the title field nothing is selected. In MM4 it does as it should.

I can't understand what automatic column widths do. Have changed manually widths of the columns but can't see the logic behind this option by checking it. Everytime a different result.
Barry4679

Re: 2152 problems about selecting and automatic column widths

Post by Barry4679 »

Jaani wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:53 am I can't understand what automatic column widths do. Have changed manually widths of the columns but can't see the logic behind this option by checking it. Everytime a different result.
Hi, here is some info from MM re the new Automatic Column Widths feature: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 45#p449045
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Jaani

Post by Jaani »

Barry4679 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:02 am
Jaani wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:53 am I can't understand what automatic column widths do. Have changed manually widths of the columns but can't see the logic behind this option by checking it. Everytime a different result.
Hi, here is some info from MM re the new Automatic Column Widths feature: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 45#p449045
Got it, thanks!
Jaani

Post by Jaani »

A new observation:

For "Description" field of Artwork, I can't select its text by dragging. Now for deleting the description I have to use backspace only.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Selection in tracklists is really somehow buggy, tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15411

Selection of artwork Description by mouse works for me, in Properties dialog and in Add artwork dialog too. The only thing, that begin and end of dragging must be very close to the letter. You can use also double or triple click for word/paragraph selection.
Jaani

Post by Jaani »

Wish that dragging was not that limited. But thanks for the tip.

Its strange that it's not possible to paste text in the description field by right mouse click. Ctrl + v works, BTW.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Jaani wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:40 am Wish that dragging was not that limited. But thanks for the tip.
As you wish :-) Will be improved in the next build.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Context menu for text editing tracked here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15415
Jaani

Re: problems about selecting and automatic column widths [#15415]

Post by Jaani »

MiPi, first of all I'm thankful for the improvements made in b2158.

For the start and end point of dragging, those people who their native language alphabets is right to left like Persian, they are used to drag from right to left. So the end point for me is in the left side of the description field, somewhere on the artwork image. But now it's not possible to stop dragging on it. Would you please implement something about it?
MiPi

Re: problems about selecting and automatic column widths [#15415]

Post by MiPi »

Jaani wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:34 am For the start and end point of dragging, those people who their native language alphabets is right to left like Persian, they are used to drag from right to left. So the end point for me is in the left side of the description field, somewhere on the artwork image. But now it's not possible to stop dragging on it. Would you please implement something about it?
I see, I will try to improve it.