2152: Protecting uncommitted config changes

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2152: Protecting uncommitted config changes

Post by Barry4679 »

Is good that you have done something here, but I don't like the implementation.

You allow me to navigate away from the uncommitted property dbox, before you offer to protect my uncommitted changes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxa3cmh7th9uq ... x.png?dl=0

But I now at a new location, and can no longer see my changes before deciding whether to commit. ... I am locked into the warning dbox, and I can only see me new destination in the background.

You couldn't detect the situation before allowing navigation away? ... so that if I press YES, the changes are abandoned, and you execute my attempt to navigate away ... and NO ignores the navigation requested, and returns me to the uncommitted property dbox, so that I could review, and then commit the changes?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2152: Protecting uncommitted config changes

Post by Ludek »

Yes, the implementation is same as in MM4.
The main purpose is that you are doing some changes and then you want to navigate outside or close MM5 -- so it offers you to commit the changes (or discard).
The current design supposes that user knows which changes he has made just before leaving the device config.
You couldn't detect the situation before allowing navigation away? ... so that if I press YES, the changes are abandoned, and you execute my attempt to navigate away ... and NO ignores the navigation requested, and returns me to the uncommitted property dbox, so that I could review, and then commit the changes?
Yes, this approach would work too, but it would be a little bit unexpected to ignore the navigation requested. Either way it's not a big deal IMHO.