Feature Request: Save "now Playing" to new Playlist, adjustable grouping of list elements

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Graves

Feature Request: Save "now Playing" to new Playlist, adjustable grouping of list elements

Post by Graves »

Hi,

1. I didn't find a way to save my "Now Playing" list to an actual Playlist directly, as you could in MM4.
If there is, please tell me where.
Else please implement =)

2. In "Art and Details" view, expanding an element (e.g. some genre in [Genres]) will show a list of relevant ALBUMS.
Which can be quite a lot of items.
So I think it'd be neat if you could choose to rather get a list of matching artists, album artists, Years etc.

Ty, kr
Ludek

Re: Feature Request: Save "now Playing" to new Playlist, adjustable grouping of list elements

Post by Ludek »

Graves wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm 1. I didn't find a way to save my "Now Playing" list to an actual Playlist directly, as you could in MM4.
If there is, please tell me where.
Else please implement =)
Just select all items in Now playing (Ctrl+A), right-click > send to > Playlist
Or use Drag&Drop to playlist (or playlist edit panel)

2. In "Art and Details" view, expanding an element (e.g. some genre in [Genres]) will show a list of relevant ALBUMS.
Which can be quite a lot of items.
So I think it'd be neat if you could choose to rather get a list of matching artists, album artists, Years etc.
Isn't this what the default "Browser view" does?
Like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/56w8mlnk4pe3x ... 9.png?dl=0
i.e. change the view type back from 'Album & Tracks' -> 'Browser view'
Graves

Re: Feature Request: Save "now Playing" to new Playlist, adjustable grouping of list elements

Post by Graves »

Alright, ty.
I still don't think, [Ctrl] + [A] - right click - send to... is quite as user friendly as it could be, but alright =)