Inconsistencies in Edit Collection [#15819]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Inconsistencies in Edit Collection [#15819]

Post by Barry4679 »

The "Collection Options" (called by "Edit Collection...") is inconsistent.

If I select a change using the Tree Nodes. or the Columns, tabs ... and then press the Cancel button, my change is discarded, as expected.

But I select a change using the Criteria or Icon tabs, the change is enacted if I press the Cancel button ... ?

Should you install a plugin or something so that the contents of your .svg icons are visible while browsing?

Also consider adding a "Visible?" checkbox to the "Collection Options" dbox? ... ie. additional to the checkbox available at Tools|Options|Library|MediaTree
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: Inconsistencies in Edit Collection

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are right there is space to improvement, if you Right click on Tree node you get Edit Collections and tree nodes and also have direct Edit Collection. I would rather leave first and make it focus to right clicked collection?

Regarding others, I am not sure I fully understand what you are talking about, can you supply few pics just to be sure 100% I got it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:05 am I am not sure I fully understand what you are talking about, can you supply few pics just to be sure 100% I got it.
I didn't understand most of what you said ... but I undersatnd this bit :)

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 am The "Collection Options" (called by "Edit Collection...") is inconsistent.
If I select a change using the Tree Nodes. or the Columns, tabs ... and then press the Cancel button, my change is discarded, as expected.
But I select a change using the Criteria or Icon tabs, the change is enacted if I press the Cancel button ... ?
see this cancel button here? ... that is telling me that I can experiment with the settings in this dbox, and then cancel out, and you won't update my configuration.

It is unreliable ... it works OK for changes made in the Tree Nodes or the Columns tabs ... it does not work for changes made in the Criteria or Icon tabs.

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 am Should you install a plugin or something so that the contents of your .svg icons are visible while browsing?
The icon tab allows me to browse icons, so that I can chose an icon for my collection ... I just see this ... should MM5 install a plugin or something so that I can see some useful when trying to decide which icon to chose?

Barry4679 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 am Also consider adding a "Visible?" checkbox to the "Collection Options" dbox? ... ie. additional to the checkbox available at Tools|Options|Library|MediaTree
I was just suggesting a convenience checkbox, like this, to enable people to quickly tidy up their MediaTree.

Not important ... I put it last in my post, and it is just there mostly so that Ludek has something to reject ... so hopefully the other ideas will get approved :)
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks for your feedback. Will fix 'Cancel' functionality. I'm not sure there's any 'addon' to show svg previews in Explorer :-/.

Tracked as 15819.
Last edited by PetrCBR on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

PetrCBR wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:00 am Thanks for your feedback. Will fix 'Cancel' functionality. I'm not sure there's any 'addon' to show svg previews in Explorer :-/.
#1. Good
#2. I can preview them using my internet browser ... could you make a html browse page? ... or also distribute .png versions, and allow user to browse and select from the png versions?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

I've found this explorer addon ;-).

We're using SVG because it's vector format and looks nice in any size.
Peke

Post by Peke »

This is fixed in 2186

To Preview SVG in Load Browser here are the steps I followed (Windows 10 x64):
1. Install the x64 and x86 bit binary from https://github.com/maphew/svg-explorer- ... n/releases
2. Open a folder containing an SVG file in File explorer [MM5 Install Folder]\skin\icon\
3. Right click an SVG file and choose "Open with" > "Choose another app".
4. Choose a different app with which to open SVG files, check the "Always use this app to open .svg files" option and click OK. At this point, the previews started working for me.
5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 to set your preferred default app for SVG files.
6. Start MM5 and Now Icons are also previewed in MM5 Choose Icon Dialog
Best regards,
Peke
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

OK, thanks.

I was secretly hoping that since you were using SVG files (for reasons explained and understood), that you would bake something like that into MM. ... ie. build your own icon browse dbox, which looked nice.

How many people will go through those steps. do you think? ... you might be the only outlier :)
PetrCBR

Re: Inconsistencies in Edit Collection [#15819]

Post by PetrCBR »

For me just install of addon i mentioned was enough to show SVG previews.
Peke

Re: Inconsistencies in Edit Collection [#15819]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are right Petr, I played safe just in case it do not work from first time ;)
Best regards,
Peke