Memory Leak, particularly when tagging [#16655]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Memory Leak, particularly when tagging

Post by Lowlander »

2250 is the current release: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d It would be worth it to get debug logs from the latest release instead.
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Okie doke, I updated to 2250 last night before going to sleep, and now I've been running it for a bit this morning. I'll add some albums and get you some logs in a few hours, likely.

Also I debated for a while last night whether to make a new issue or add to the old one, wasn't sure how you guys preferred.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Either way works, but it is easier to track previous if added to existing topic. Especially as it has no assigned bug.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Oh, I didn't even realize it was never assigned.

Well, I used it all day yesterday. The RAM usage slowly climbed from the starting point of ~550MB to ~1,200MB. The typical slowdowns were starting to happen, any tag changes (including finishing a song) put the CPU at about 50% usage, then spontaneously, BOOM. It went back to about 600MB of RAM usage and no stress on the CPU. I did not do anything within, or even outside of, the program that would have likely affected it, so I'm not sure... Either way, I'll keep my eye on it.
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Okay, couldn't reproduce the full slowdown this evening, but I got a lot of the other issues. As the night's winding down, the program was going slower and slower. I decided to delete 86 tracks from the library and computer. It took over a minute, I believe, all during the library "flashed" (refreshed?) 3 times, each time showing completely wrong information (missing tags, wrong song total, bizarre artifacting). When the delete was finished, I had to do the usual manual library refresh: going to a random playlist, then back to my library.

Log - https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ia562k9 ... 3.LOG/file
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thank you, I analyzed the log and fixed some tweaks (that I saw in the log) as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16655