[SOLVED] Visually compressed waveforms (empty right side)

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Macarena

[SOLVED] Visually compressed waveforms (empty right side)

Post by Macarena »

Dear devs,

I have found some tracks which are played well and the waveforms seem to have a complete and correct form, but the waveforms are visually compressed, with some empty space at the end of the track, see the attachment.
https://send.firefox.com/download/decd2 ... y5LOdXI-1w

The attached file shows extreme compression towards the left side. Other tracks have only minor compression, but it is present definitely. Updating waveforms does not help to stretch the waveform over the whole available space.

I can share more info and the password to the tracks on request by PM. Two example tracks:
https://send.firefox.com/download/e6f1d ... wtoAZ7MZdQ (password on request)

build 2219

M
MiPi

Re: Visually compressed waveforms (empty right side)

Post by MiPi »

It should work better in the next build. Windows MP3 decoder sometimes detect wrong song length and this is the consequence.
jasminmilne

Post by jasminmilne »

MiPi wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:51 am It should work better in the next build. Windows MP3 decoder sometimes detect wrong song length and this is the consequence.
Many thanks for that.
dopeelf

Post by dopeelf »

This is what is happening for me as well. It happends with all files I play, mp3/aac. It looks like it's consistently half the width of the player.

If I move my mouse over it displays wrong time code. The first third of the width of the window displays as 00:00:00:00 and after that point it shows timecode and counts up to the end of the song when I reach the end of the window.

If I click after the waveform it goes to the end and starts the next song. If I click on the waveform it goes to the correct part of the song.

Win 10 2004, build 19041.867
MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2325

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried right click on file, Analyze Waveform from the Context Menu and then playing the file again?
dopeelf

Post by dopeelf »

Yes, same result.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

dopeelf: I have never seen this, it is not problem with waveform, there are more things wrong there. Could you send us your persistent.json file from your Portable folder? Do you have set some kind of zoom/size increase in Windows? Do you have more monitors?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Could it be an artifact caused after you close the right panel (with that icon on the top right, below the x)?
When I do it, the waveform shows compressed for a moment, until the animation finishes; which is when it resizes to the correct size.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dopeelf

Post by dopeelf »

MiPi: Today when I started MediaMonkey it looks like it should. I'll try to remember to send that file if it shows up again, I guess whatever was wrong before reset itself for the time being. I have a 3 monitor setup, 1920x1200, 2560x1440, 1920x1200. I have no zoom or scale settings set.

drakinite: I tried that now and it seems to update just fine.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Okay, that's good to hear. Now the question we need to answer is how does it get stuck in the first place...
Do you have any way of reproducing it?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.