issues to fix [#16505] [#16512]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MK2

issues to fix [#16505] [#16512]

Post by MK2 »

hello,

i like very much MM, itunes has bugs & issues not yet fixed : at radio we switched to MM5 beta ; we needed aiff/flac and mp3/m4a support to organize our library & for dj'ing purposes.

atm i see and listed somes issues that need fixing :

- windows 10 desktop "api?" theme for UI reactivity/latency, too slow/buggy atm,
- saving a .M3U playlist dont recall last folder used for saving (x:\my music)
- on music tab : the separation line position between "genre / artist / album" panel and bottom "tracks" listing is not saved when relaunching MM5,
- auto-organize see duplicates where same track has different extension (mp3,m4a,AIFF,FLAC) : should rename even it's not same file-format,

voilà, i hope you will fix those issues asap : i know it's difficult actually but we got good hopes !

we plan to buy a gold license, so do you have a date (ETA..) on release date ?

we use MM5 professionally here :D

thx !
Ludek

Re: (2238+) issues to fix

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
at first: thanks for your feedback! ;-)

- windows 10 desktop "api?" theme for UI reactivity/latency, too slow/buggy atm,
Can you be more concrete where it is slow/buggy or attach a video demonstrating this?

- saving a .M3U playlist dont recall last folder used for saving (x:\my music)
Do you mean saving or loading M3U? I don't see how can I save .m3u ? Where exatly in the UI you are selecting something to save as M3U?

- on music tab : the separation line position between "genre / artist / album" panel and bottom "tracks" listing is not saved when relaunching MM5,
What do you mean by Music tab? Do you mean the Music [Browser] view, see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mahntlaedftc7 ... 1.png?dl=0
?

- auto-organize see duplicates where same track has different extension (mp3,m4a,AIFF,FLAC) : should rename even it's not same file-format,
I don't see the same tracks with different extension as duplicates, see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnnf6r72teu6n ... 9.png?dl=0
it allows me to proceed and rename it just fine. Could you elaborate or also share a screenshot?
MK2

Post by MK2 »

hello Ludek !

1- each themes seems to use a different "UI" than classic win 10 theme, MM4 bugs not, dunno how to explain, sry my english :) some themes/skins seems most optimized than other skins..

2- send playlist to M3U. save in a subfolder instead to remember the last used folder x:\my music\

https://i.imgur.com/Wpy3qje.png

3- this separation line' position is not saved when i relaunch MM :

https://i.imgur.com/kGR55pf.png

4-

a> it's not a duplicate, just different file extention :

https://i.imgur.com/cXmfUjO.png

b> itunes re-*organize this or add "(1)" if there duplicates, but don't ask for long names..

https://i.imgur.com/cN6yCnw.png

-> atm can't auto-organize the library so :s + renaming 1by1 a big library will take years..
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

1- each themes seems to use a different "UI" than classic win 10 theme, MM4 bugs not, dunno how to explain, sry my english :)
Yes, MM5 does not use classic Win10 theme, but HTML5/CSS3 UI (like a web browser).

some themes/skins seems most optimized than other skins..
Are you saying that e.g. 'Monkey Groove' skin is faster for you than 'Material Design' -- or that MM5 UI in general is slower than MM4 ?

2- send playlist to M3U. save in a subfolder instead to remember the last used folder x:\my music\
Thanks, I see it now. The problem is that many users use it to save an M3U inside the files folder so it might be rather desirable to open in the file's folder by default -- as it is cumbersome to go and find the files folder everytime.

Maybe a sufficient workaround for you would be to create a link to the folder(s) where you want to save the M3U and just click the link(s) before clicking [Save] button??

3- this separation line' position is not saved when i relaunch MM :
It is saved OK for me here. Are you sayibg that it is not saved when closing/re-opening MM5 (restart) or when you return to the Music node next time?
4a> it's not a duplicate, just different file extention :
Files with different extension are not tracked as duplicates when auto-organizing.

4b> itunes re-*organize this or add "(1)" if there duplicates, but don't ask for long names..
I understand that one might want to auto-resolve also the duplicates (with same extension), tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16505
MK2

Re: (2238+) issues to fix [#16505]

Post by MK2 »

hello Ludek ! thx again for your support ; i help u, u help me, it's magik ! :D

so lets go fast :

1- i should prefer win 10 skin whixh is "naturally" optimised/fast, but I think it's probably mm5 beta stage "general ui stability", like mm4 uses its own ui & is "stable release"...

2- we should use /my music/" folder root to save playlists & not lost'em everywhere..., like when importing collection (and playlists), i mean importing "music" folder AIO... (which recall "last playlist save location".)
Last edited by MK2 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MK2

Post by MK2 »

3- seems working fine after i done what you said : it's saved correctly :) (tray-icon gets 5s to close, fresh win10 install)

4- yes... auto-rename/auto-resolve should be ok : i just need it keeps the id3 tag (radio cover & dj'ing reasons), whatever the filename get shortened/resolved with (number of copy XXX...)

=>

voilà, i hope it helps ;)
Duke999R

2240 - Column Browser not saving state.

Post by Duke999R »

Hi guys,

first, I appreciate the teams' hard work on MM5, it is coming along nicely.

Regarding MK2's point 3, http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 40#p466712

I am having this issue as well.

Change the column browsers height and it persists through that session, however, the change is lost after restarting MM.

Here is a screen cap. https://youtu.be/Z7OOp4Rwems

Cheers, and stay safe guys. Peter.
Riding the bleeding edge. :o
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MK2

Re: issues to fix [#16505] [#16512]

Post by MK2 »

hello, i updated to 2240. (dunno if i must create new topik for this version so i post major issue :

4- yes... auto-rename/auto-resolve should be ok : i just need it keeps the id3 tag (radio cover & dj'ing reasons), whatever the filename get shortened/resolved with (number of copy XXX...)

=> can't organize library still. filename nor folder name should be shrinked maybe... : the main objective is not get stuck but organize the (big) library. (dunno how, need 1 solution.)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Re Long Paths: You can slow clock to edit red path and then copy it to any text editor to see its size, but I would gues sthat once you paste it in text editor you will see exactly what is the problem.
Best regards,
Peke
MK2

Post by MK2 »

Peke wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm Hi,
Re Long Paths: You can slow clock to edit red path and then copy it to any text editor to see its size, but I would gues sthat once you paste it in text editor you will see exactly what is the problem.
the pb is i got to edit thousands traxx like this :

- or they have "long artist name"
- or they have "long album name"
- long track name...

or all together...

and they all in "root-drive:/my music/"

it's impossible to edit each 1 by 1, there are too much. i just need it automated. (even if it shorten file name or id3 data...) i need the begin like "jacksmokeapotanddunnonameatrack.mp3" to "jacksmoke.mp3"...

i mean not my fault if somes get fantasy long long name/title...

edit : i can try to install itunes or amarok, the ever-loading" windows media player or another library organizer... but it will works only for aiff, m4a, mp3 files... unsure if it detects also .flac & stuffs... :s

edit : i try now... just to see if itunes asks me to edit long names.... then i report. (excluding flac so...) i'm 100% sure itunes does not ask.

edit : answer is terrible ........

"Itunes.exe has stopped working......"

crash on a fresh win 10 install, 10s after "import a folder"... (/my music/)...

(library perfectly imported in MM...) :)

... so voilà where i'm stuck : long names.
MK2

Post by MK2 »

look issue : (long names)

(enable video volume UP... it's better !)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/589840946? ... &sort=time
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can modify Organize mask for Long filenames using https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/4.0 Where you can only Limit filename for destination that is longer than 256 chars.

MM5 Uses Unicode file naming (as seen on your video) where filename starts with \\?\ which indicate Unicode filename that is theoretically possible up to Unicode 65535 Characters.

We are working on something to improve filename handling behavior, but Windows tend to be unstable regarding it and even you can create over length filenames you cant access them (do not ask to into details, we had lots of headache over that already).
Best regards,
Peke
MK2

Post by MK2 »

hi Peke,

thx for masks infos, that's what i do, but i need to use a classic structure like :

"/artist/album/1 title"

i hope u'll keep inform us when u find a solution.

ye windows is strange, i prefer linux but got paid apps not compatible with it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Let me know if you need help, I'll try to do my best in order not make it over complex.
Best regards,
Peke