2247 - middle panel vertical scrolling issue [#16602]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2247 - middle panel vertical scrolling issue [#16602]

Post by Barry4679 »

I see this occasionally. A row heading line seems to become confused about the screen size, when i scroll vertically:
  • anything above the heading lines scrolls upwards, and disappears off the top of the screen
  • the row heading scrolls up, but then gets stuck mid-screen
  • anything below the row heading does not get stuck, and continues to scroll up, past the static heading row
  • here it is with the Top tracks section in Browser view, most of the section, including the Top Tracks heading, has disappeared as it passes the static heading row
It is not easy to replicate at will. Steps:
  • some patience :wink:
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Barry4679

Re: 2247 - middle panel vertical scrolling issue

Post by Barry4679 »

I found that I can replicate the issue fairly easily with these steps:
  • Entire Library>AlbumArtist in List by Album view
  • use context filter to navigate to an album artist for whom you have a lot of albums
  • click on artist name to go to the Artist detail screen, and start scrolling quite quickly
This forum's lockdown against posting images has defeated me. I can't post a gif file showing what I see, via Dropbox.
I PM'd it to Ludek.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Most cloud storage can't show images like that. However imgbb can: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... orum-posts (if you get the bb code version).
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:37 am Most cloud storage can't show images like that. However imgbb can:
Got it. Thanks.

See scrolling issue here
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thx, I am just unable to replicate, but added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16602 to look into it.

BTW: If you disable the "Ingo panel" view element in the artist view does it make any difference?
i.e. it looks like expanding the "Info Panel" with the text from Wikipedia could be a trigger of this issue? To be confirmed.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:38 am BTW: If you disable the "Ingo panel" view element in the artist view does it make any difference?
i.e. it looks like expanding the "Info Panel" with the text from Wikipedia could be a trigger of this issue? To be confirmed.
I don't think that it can happen with the Info panel disabled, because the heading row starts, and stays at the top of the screen.

And Yes, it is my impression that the issue is related to getting the text from Wikipedia.

I triggered it 4 times just now. It is hard to achieve. I think that you need a artist with a lot of albums, and with a fairly large Wikipedia entry.

If I resize the MM window, so that it is relatively short vertically, I can trigger ir a bit more easily. ... I wasn't able to trigger until I starting playing some tracks with MM... ie. maybe it needs to be busy, ie. doing UI adjustments to Peke's wavy line thing in the bottom panel, and making changes in the current track indicator in the Now playing panel.

A couple of times i quickly rolled the info panel off screen, and then stopped touching the mouse ... a second or so later the heading line jumped down towards the middle of the panel ... presumably receiving some push from the off-screen info panel as it was populated ... but the heading line is the only thing that moves ... ie. it moves independently of the data rows that it is the "heading" for.

Once, instead of getting stuck half way down the screen, it got into a state where it let me roll up off screen .... ie . it did not attach to the bottom of the tool bar, as it should ... it just rolled away off screen

One other thing that may be related:
  • go to the Artist detail screen, in List by Album view ... eg. EntireLibrary>MilesDavis
  • use the Page Down key, until the Info panel as scrolled off screen
  • now try going back up using the Page Up key ==>you can't ... it won't scroll far enough to return the Info panel back into view
[UPDATE] ... had this crash when closing MM5 after this test session
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Thanks, I can reproduce it, it is closely related to expanded description from Wiki, i.e. header has to be expanded, Wiki description has to be longer, and fetched after the header is scrolled out. I am working on it.