how to change visualizer

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

bdbtbb

how to change visualizer

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi

Can't find a way to select a different visualizer to display in the now playing window. Probably just me being stupid, but have searched through the options and cannot find anywhere to select the active visualizer.
rovingcowboy

Re: how to change visualizer

Post by rovingcowboy »

Not sure its possible. Mm4 and older used one coded in the player skin to change it you changed skins. There were a few add on scripts that gave a different one, but I don't know if they still work
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi

Funny, bcos there are 4 visualizers listed in the extensions window. The first one "Bars" is the one that comes on when visualizer is activated. But there is no way to activate the other 3 although they are listed as installed.

Not a big problem as I don't usually use a visualizer, but curious all the same.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Right click on active visualizer and select different one. Note that Milkshake also have presets that can be selected if it is the active vis.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Well it sounds like a new feature. I have been away for a long time. I still use mm3 and mm4. On both win xp and 7. I'm not sure when they will fix it but they have always been fast.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi

OK - that makes sense. Because of the extended monitor problem, when I right-click on the active visualizer, the context menu must be appearing off the right-hand side of my laptop monitor, so it just looks like nothing is happening.

No problem. I can wait until the problem with using monitors with different resolutions is resolved, further down the road.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Just activated the visualizer again and it caused MM5 to become unresponsive - music continued playing but all interaction with the app did not work.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Sounds like you need to split the multiple cpus up on your computer. I said it before. If the computer has multiple cpus set one to be used only by mm all other stuff runs on the other cpus. And make mm have high or realtime priority. This allows mm to be free of the lag of other software. You might have to find a freeware system manager that works with your opsystem.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I have very very rarely had problems with MM5 crashing, and not at all with recent MM5 builds.

The monitor problem I referred to I have posted about elsewhere on the forum - it's do with using a 48" 4K TV as a second monitor for my 15" laptop.

I don't believe there is any reason to think I currently have a problem with how my CPU cores are allocated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm that it works, so perhaps the multi-monitor problem is why it isn't for you.
bdbtbb

Post by bdbtbb »

Hi, I also was able to confirm that it works, by expanding the right sidebar to fill half of my TV screen and then right-clicking at a point vertically above my laptop monitor. This allowed the context menu to appear within the frame of the laptop screen and I was able to change the visualizer options.